• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: USF Bulls at Florida Gators

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, bulldozier1 said:

I am so pissed. The coaches did not read the momentum. If they would've tied, Florida would've ran it down our throats. We should've played for the win. No, we played to freaking lose game. 

They really had no choice after Cecil rolled the snap back...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, BayIslandBull said:

Too bad Omarion Dollison stuck one hand out instead of making an effort on 2nd down after our huge INT with 5 mins left. If he made that catch, we won. Just one of many things tonight that could have given us a win in gville...

Yep. I am guessing he thought he was on the sidelines, but that wasn't a bad throw, coach makes the call to sweep the **** leg, you gotta make the play. I seriously think he didn't know he had a yard of field left on the sideline and got more worried about his feet than catching the ball. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

A bit harsh, did you not see the deep ball down the sidelines right before GBs pick? That was playing to win. Who knows what would have happened without the bad snap, I suspect 2nd and 3rd down would have been the best plays we could possibly throw at them. Would have preferred an outside run on 3rd down, but the bad snap on 2nd took the momentum. 

Not a CJS fan, but this was by far his best coaching job. 

I've watched and coached too many games to no that if you're over matched, and lost momentum. You call your best plays and not put the ball back in the other teams possession. I did not want them to run the clock out like they was trying to do in the final minutes. We should have tried to score a touchdown. We was getting blown off the line the last two Florida possessions. Luckily the second to the last possession we intercept the ball. So if we would've tied the game there's no way we could have matched them touchdown for touchdown.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Nonsense. Did you watch that game? We were in position to win, but after the bad snap, you’re playing for the tie. You’re not going to convert a 3rd and 20. You’re more likely to throw a pick or take a sack and be totally out of FG range.

How many pass attempts we had in the final possession?

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

Fair play this was a good performance overall but the culture of failure and losing is difficult to overcome. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

29 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

This is the most usf and Jeff Scott play a bad snap in clutch situations. 

This is a legendary post

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

Just now, bulldozier1 said:

How many pass attempts we had in the final possession?

What are you talking about? We were around their 20 with a second down play and 50 seconds left. We were right where we needed to be to score and leave them no time to come back - then the snap. We were in perfect shape.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

I had a feeling this game would end in heartbreaking fashion. It was certainly closer than anyone on here expected but still disappointing we didn’t win in the end.

Lots of positives, though and I hope this is a turning point for Scott. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What are you talking about? We were around their 20 with a second down play and 50 seconds left. We were right where we needed to be to score and leave them no time to come back - then the snap. We were in perfect shape.

And the second to last possession, 2 passes, 1 run. A "go for the throat" pass, and a bad decision, that was not picked, but too hard to overturn. I don't know if UF could have driven a long field and scored, Richardson is too irratic, would have been nice to get to punt there and see what happened. 

I really see no way that this one can be hung on Scott. 

Edited by Orlando Bull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Nonsense. Did you watch that game? We were in position to win, but after the bad snap, you’re playing for the tie. You’re not going to convert a 3rd and 20. You’re more likely to throw a pick or take a sack and be totally out of FG range.

The botched snap did it.  Worst case we kick a FG and go to overtime.