• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: USF Bulls at Florida Gators

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Are you referencing the 3rd and 20? Probably not the best play call there, but I have few qualms with the play calling tonight. 

No, the final drive. Did they call their best plays to try and win the game. I'm in the belief that you owe your kids the opportunity to win the game. Let all your bullets go out your playbook.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

11 minutes ago, bulldozier1 said:

Again, USF was playing for the tie. Not for the win. Florida offense had complete momentum the last two drives. There's no reason to play for the overtime. They could not stop Florida's run game.

USF was playing for the win until 2nd down snap rolled past Bohannon.  At that point, going for the win was such a low low probability it was better to play for overtime.

That is what every FB coach would do.

If Battie had broken for 15 yards on 3rd and 20, then maybe CJS goes for it on 4th down.

Gotta play the odds.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, bulldozier1 said:

No, the final drive. Did they call their best plays to try and win the game. I'm in the belief that you owe your kids the opportunity to win the game. Let all your bullets go out your playbook.

Wtf are we talking about?  They were in position to score and not give UF any time to win.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, bulldozier1 said:

2nd down from the Gators 18 yard line with like 40 second left and a timeout.... Were we watching the game? What channel were you on?

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

2nd down from the Gators 18 yard line with like 40 second left and a timeout.... Were we watching the game? What channel were you on?

I thought that was excellent game planning.  In CFB you have to score with only a few seconds left.  Our D was gassed so no OT.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

I was flying I watched it all the way until Bohannon through that interception seven minutes to play and the plane landed and I couldn’t watch it anymore I lost all signal.

they missed the field goal at the end to tie it.

i’m going to eat my words I didn’t think this team had a chance to compete after watching  the last two weeks but they played aggressive, they competed for all intents and purposes outplayed Florida. The officials did not help them in the first half they were terrible. Bohannon had a terrible night throwing the ball. And made really bad decisions on the drive just before the interception he had a lane he could’ve run or just toss the ball out of bounds and kick it.

hopefully he learns from it. it was great to see Jeff Scott animated I have not seen him that angry on the sidelines ever maybe there’s some fire left on this team. 
don’t know how many open receivers Bohannon missed. one comes to mind just before the end of the 1st half he missed Jimmy horn wide-open could’ve been a touchdown instead of a field goal

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

I'm trying to square this. I thought for sure we'd get dumptrucked, but up until the 3 and out (pass pass pass) series, i thought we'd win.  i still think we looked like the better team

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, MaBull said:

I was flying I watched it all the way until Bohannon through that interception seven minutes to play and the plane landed and I couldn’t watch it anymore I lost all signal.

they missed the field goal at the end to tie it.

i’m going to eat my words I didn’t think this team had a chance to compete after watching  the last two weeks but they played aggressive, they competed for all intents and purposes outplayed Florida. The officials did not help them in the first half they were terrible. Bohannon had a terrible night throwing the ball. And made really bad decisions on the drive just before the interception he had a lane he could’ve run or just toss the ball out of bounds and kick it.

hopefully he learns from it. it was great to see Jeff Scott animated I have not seen him that angry on the sidelines ever maybe there’s some fire left on this team. 
don’t know how many open receivers Bohannon missed. one comes to mind just before the end of the 1st half he missed Jimmy horn wide-open could’ve been a touchdown instead of a field goal

This is a pretty good summary of the night for those that missed the game. 

A bunch of Gator frat bros informed us on the way out that USF is not even in the SEC, are a JV team and their fans literally suck ****, and Tampa sucks and we go to their bars.

I feel for these kids.

15 minutes ago, beefy620 said:

I'm trying to square this. I thought for sure we'd get dumptrucked, but up until the 3 and out (pass pass pass) series, i thought we'd win.  i still think we looked like the better team

It is very surreal.  I was positive we were going to win at the end.  You could feel it in the stadium they knew it too.