• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance - BYU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

41 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

New place should have shade somehow but no club IMO. 

1) Club tickets are how you get people with the extra cash to spend more

2) I have been utterly spoiled by *actually clean* bathrooms, better food options and an air conditioned respite in the club level.  Don't you dare try to say that's not necessary lol

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

31 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

2) I have been utterly spoiled by *actually clean* bathrooms, better food options and an air conditioned respite in the club level.  Don't you dare try to say that's not necessary lol

No, I agree. I was off on that…focusing too much on the ugly look when there are empty seats. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

think i saw fraternities have no events that day but sororities have some recruitment event in the MSC that day...

you'd think with this alignment we hear about now they could work something out where they do some recruitment event at the first game

Sorority rush used to be the week BEFORE classes started until about 10 years ago... when it changed to begin at the end of the first week of classes.  So if the home opener is Labor Day weekend, sororities members aren't permitted to be there because of the rules of rush.  And if no sororities will be there, that reduces the appeal for fraternities to be there -- not enough girls to come to their tailgate.

@Mike Stuben is right that we have enough students to pack the student section... but the Greek organizations are the ones who are organized enough to bring large numbers.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

47 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

A few years ago, some of the fanatics stated the potential new place should be sans seats.

• Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Sorority rush used to be the week BEFORE classes started until about 10 years ago... when it changed to begin at the end of the first week of classes.  So if the home opener is Labor Day weekend, sororities members aren't permitted to be there because of the rules of rush.  And if no sororities will be there, that reduces the appeal for fraternities to be there -- not enough girls to come to their tailgate.

@Mike Stuben is right that we have enough students to pack the student section... but the Greek organizations are the ones who are organized enough to bring large numbers.

Well Big East Football was a lot more exciting than AAC. I am sure the school's greek like would rather have fun at Rush week then watch American Athletic Conference football. The hype for the program really died with Leavitt being fired and the Big East. The new coaches , Gemshaft, and several AD never really got the students to buy into the football program like  Leavitt did.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

21 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well Big East Football was a lot more exciting than AAC. I am sure the school's greek like would rather have fun at Rush week then watch American Athletic Conference football. The hype for the program really died with Leavitt being fired and the Big East. The new coaches , Gemshaft, and several AD never really got the students to buy into the football program like  Leavitt did.

Got to factor in the rumors that the 12 to 16 team playoff is on the horizon so at least it gives more conferences a fighting chance..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I disagree. I get it the most important thing is for people to buy tickets and that impacts our bottom line the most. However, I do think that not bother showing up is also a sign towards interest in the team. It is non-quantitative but I do suggest it is there and it is important. We especially see it in games where the opponent does not excite people, non Saturday games, etc. I realize that some of this will never be eliminated due to the fact that Tampa is a pro sports town.

It is, to a point, but your previous sentence says it all. The most important thing is people showing interest with their wallets and that's what potential new homes would really care about. The actual attendance number is something I'd assume the school would like at for various reasons but as far as outside entities, don't see a logical reason or need ...... which is probably why those figures aren't usually available most schools.

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

21 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Got to factor in the rumors that the 12 to 16 team playoff is on the horizon so at least it gives more conferences a fighting chance..

I dont think their is a lot of student excitement currently about the american football conference and one fbs wins in the last two years. Maybe AD MK can hype them up to get to the games and CJs can back it up with some FBS and conference wins.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

I've decided this year to watch college football like I do all the other pro leagues -- only when the mood strikes and from my recliner in front of my big screen.

• Upvote 1