• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

Holy ****! Just skimmed all of this. Bummer that Timmy has decided to transfer. I definitely saw him as the starter for us after Gerry.

I hope Horn doesn’t go with him. Horn can do great things. It does seem like we have a lot of depth at QB and WR though, which is a good problem to have.

Daddy issues IMO. Hopefully Horn is a better individual. Not saying Timmy's not a good kid.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

I mean behind our oline his chance to be the starter is pretty high...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I mean behind our oline his chance to be the starter is pretty high...

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I would have to think that the coaches sat down with TMc when they brought in Gerry.  I would hope they were straight with him about what they were planning.  I also have to believe that Gerry didn't come in here without assurance that he'd be the starter.  That's why I don't understand the TMc reaction.  Maybe he is upset that this was framed a "QB competition" so now he looks like the loser of this competition when maybe it never WAS actually a competition...maybe he had 0 chance of becoming the starter and the coaches had already chosen.  Either way, it sounds like somewhere along the line there was a misunderstanding of expectations.  What do I know.  I wish him Timmy luck, but I really think he may have been better off staying or at very least waiting until the season was over.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578

29 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

McClain to UCF incoming.

Boy wouldn't that be something.

Please no.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

45 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

McClain to UCF incoming.

He is from their back yard, I think ....

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

33 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Daddy issues IMO. Hopefully Horn is a better individual. Not saying Timmy's not a good kid.

His dad doesn’t understand that he isn’t helping his situation at all. Him tweeting isn’t a great look, regardless if he’s right or not. Timmy is a great kid and I wish him well, but if this is how it has to he then so be it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417

48 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

McClain to UCF incoming.

No way he wins the job at UCF. Buddy will go FAU or something i image if he doesn't change his mind like Marsh did. 

• Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I would have to think that the coaches sat down with TMc when they brought in Gerry.  I would hope they were straight with him about what they were planning.  I also have to believe that Gerry didn't come in here without assurance that he'd be the starter.  That's why I don't understand the TMc reaction.  Maybe he is upset that this was framed a "QB competition" so now he looks like the loser of this competition when maybe it never WAS actually a competition...maybe he had 0 chance of becoming the starter and the coaches had already chosen.  Either way, it sounds like somewhere along the line there was a misunderstanding of expectations.  What do I know.  I wish him Timmy luck, but I really think he may have been better off staying or at very least waiting until the season was over.

Sounds like the kid got some really bad advice, and if you’ve paid attention to twitter it seems to be obvious who is playing the biggest role in this. Why you wouldn’t transfer at the end of the season is beyond me. Redshirt, tough it out with the immediate chance of takeover if there’s an injury, or transfer before the season starts and sit out a year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

21 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I would have to think that the coaches sat down with TMc when they brought in Gerry.  I would hope they were straight with him about what they were planning.  I also have to believe that Gerry didn't come in here without assurance that he'd be the starter. . . Either way, it sounds like somewhere along the line there was a misunderstanding of expectations. 

Given that GB was a high profile get for USF, I would imagine that there was some tangential discussion about him starting - maybe not a guarantee, but something like, if you come in and compete, your chances are extremely good

Also, I have to figure that the staff wanted to keep Timmy, so a corresponding conversation should have happened with him at the same time

As you stated, somewhere there was a misunderstanding, otherwise, Timmy probably would have transferred when the GB signing occurred