• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring QB Room

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

In a perfect world McClain improves with decision making this Spring and Summer and is a our Starter for 2022. Marsh is BackUp and we can RedShirt Brown & Smith. And really hope our QB doesn't have so many designed runs.

QUARTERBACK COMPETITION: Head Coach Jeff Scott declared the spring depth chart wide open, including four contenders for the starting job at quarterback that are currently on campus and will be joined by a fifth scholarship QB in the summer. Leading that group is incumbent starter Timmy McClain - who led the Bulls with 1,888 yards passing in a true freshman campaign that demonstrated his wide skill set both running and passing. Sophomore Katravis Marsh has a big arm and gained experience the last two years with a pair of starts. Freshman early enrollee Byrum Brown was a finalist for North Carolina Mr. Football. Redshirt freshman Jordan Smith has moved back to QB after experimenting with playing in the secondary. Pro-style QB Gunnar Smith will join the Bulls in the summer.

Go BULLS !!!

Edited by E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Please no musical QB crap this year.  Can’t waste the first 4 games determining the starter.  Somebody needs to clearly emerge as the guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Any word on how they've looked in practice so far or we'll find out at the spring game?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

I'm still burned by that Cade Fortin decision last year. Gotta have better judgment than that. 

I don't have high expectations here. Timmy seems to be Bull Tough but he needs experience. And we will see how the offense changes. The last drive vs C. last year there were some flashes of awesomeness and some WTF moments. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Please no musical QB crap this year.  Can’t waste the first 4 games determining the starter.  Somebody needs to clearly emerge as the guy.

Its easy to say this before the season starts, but If we lose 4 games in a row with poor qb play, I strongly disagree with trying to plug a square peg into a round hole. This is what keeps happening, and is why we play musical chairs. If Timmy isn't the guy, try someone else. I can only agree with the clear starter thing if we are winning some games... Which we have failed to do for quite some time. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

14 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Its easy to say this before the season starts, but If we lose 4 games in a row with poor qb play, I strongly disagree with trying to plug a square peg into a round hole. This is what keeps happening, and is why we play musical chairs.

If we lose 4 in a row because of poor QB play, then maybe it is time to look at who is choosing said QBs to begin with

Really, this is a 3 man race - Timmy and the two freshmen.  Marsh has not shown anything in 2 years, other than a propensity to throw interceptions 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 hours ago, bowman1 said:

If we lose 4 in a row because of poor QB play, then maybe it is time to look at who is choosing said QBs to begin with

Really, this is a 3 man race - Timmy and the two freshmen.  Marsh has not shown anything in 2 years, other than a propensity to throw interceptions 

20/41 and 231 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT for his career... that's a typical game for McClain... I'm not convinced this is a slam-dunk just yet.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I still think McClain  will start, he needs to improve decision making, but using RBs in passing game could help that.

Edited by Cubanbull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

man the best man win

the other 10 guys on offense have to have confidence in the qb

the decision making and clock and situation awarness must greatly improve

at times mcclain acted liked he never played qb in his life.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I still think McClain  will start, he needs to improve decision making, but using RBs in passing game could help that.

He's absolutely going to to start.