• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Of OCS Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Rizman said:

They tried to get the Rowdies to play on USF campus but they said no.  I think they were focused on getting St. Petersburg to build them a new stadium and get into the MLS.   Both failed.

I believe that was before the Rays owned the Rowdies too, and the Rays now own Al Lang Stadium where the Rowdies play. I don't see a move to any USF stadium happening since it would be a rental situation.

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

47 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

I believe that was before the Rays owned the Rowdies too, and the Rays now own Al Lang Stadium where the Rowdies play. I don't see a move to any USF stadium happening since it would be a rental situation.

Correct. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

10 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

The Rays/Rowdies don't own Al Lang Stadium, it's still owned by the City of St. Petersburg... and the Rowdies are still "renting" there.  But it sounds like since the Rays own both they will want to have the Rowdies play in the new Rays stadium -- wherever it is.

This article is from last summer.

al_lang_field_2.jpg

The Tampa Bay Rowdies requested an extension of the Al Lang Stadium lease--but only for one season, as so much is up in the air with parent Tampa Bay Rays.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

images.jpg

The USF Bulls could be getting a new stadium sooner than later. This comes at the right time for the USF Bulls program.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

17 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The Rays/Rowdies don't own Al Lang Stadium, it's still owned by the City of St. Petersburg... and the Rowdies are still "renting" there.  But it sounds like since the Rays own both they will want to have the Rowdies play in the new Rays stadium -- wherever it is.

This article is from last summer.

al_lang_field_2.jpg

The Tampa Bay Rowdies requested an extension of the Al Lang Stadium lease--but only for one season, as so much is up in the air with parent Tampa Bay Rays.

Yes you are correct. Rowdies and Rays will share the new stadium together 

Edited by Bull Daly

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

So from what I've gathered it sounds like our stadium will be 40-45k capacity while also being open on one side facing the football center with the IPF right behind it?

This site has some pictures of Louisville's stadium before their expansion and it seems to line up with that to a T.

Granted that stadium cost 68 million in 1998, which with inflation would be about 105 million today. But they still had seatbacks everywhere according to those pictures. And if we're looking to build something that would be around 3x the price with inflation factored in I'm guessing that will account for a much nicer looking stadium on the outside, luxury seating (theirs had none), and a few more bells and whistles

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

9 minutes ago, bulloni said:

So from what I've gathered it sounds like our stadium will be 40-45k capacity while also being open on one side facing the football center with the IPF right behind it?

This site has some pictures of Louisville's stadium before their expansion and it seems to line up with that to a T.

Granted that stadium cost 68 million in 1998, which with inflation would be about 105 million today. But they still had seatbacks everywhere according to those pictures. And if we're looking to build something that would be around 3x the price with inflation factored in I'm guessing that will account for a much nicer looking stadium on the outside, luxury seating (theirs had none), and a few more bells and whistles

Sounds great!

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, LargeSKY said:

team would like go straight to stadium from team hotel.  there would be no assembling in IPF on game day.  

practice....yes 

Yup. Bus pulls up along Genshaft drive gets off the bus as fans and the band line both sides of the shaded walkway to the stadium.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

Love to see the band doing something like Notre Dame does. Maybe play outside of Marshall Center and then March to stadium.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  38

13 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Love to see the band doing something like Notre Dame does. Maybe play outside of Marshall Center and then March to stadium.

This would be great.  I want to see us get around the campus on gamedays.  I liked walking around ND with all the student orgs selling things and whatnot.

• Upvote 2