• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An old friend with the chop block

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Wow those guys are polite - thank you, respectfully disagree, etc.  If CJS reads TBP, it must be culture shock for him😏

Interesting that the TBP thread on this topic is longer than the Clemson one

Also, there is a guy on there who says he is a former referee and that there was no intent

I am also a former referee (500+ games worked at the youth, HS, college and semi-pro level) - I never saw a play like that live (including another 500 or so games I played in or watched as a spectator)

While he may not have intended to put the guy in the hospital - that was no accident and he 100% meant to hit him (despite what Collins said post game)

1 game is light - 2 or 3 would have been more appropriate 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Yep, TBP isn't for the faint of heart. You have to be able to take it and dish it to survive. Otherwise, you have to go to the TWP where feelings won't get hurt.   Whew! glad I'm not in that "some people" category🤓

The golden rule that used to be taught to everyone is that if you want to dish it then you have to learn to take it.  Somehow this valuable lesson fell by the wayside and now you simply become offended and demand the other person is canceled. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

The golden rule that used to be taught to everyone is that if you want to dish it then you have to learn to take it.  Somehow this valuable lesson fell by the wayside and now you simply become offended and demand the other person is canceled. 

There also used to be a belief that you make your position clear then move on and comment on another topic. Somehow this valuable point was replaced with making your position known and then repeating it ad nauseam on a variety of threads. Thus, cancellation becomes an attractive alternative. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

31 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There also used to be a belief that you make your position clear then move on and comment on another topic. Somehow this valuable point was replaced with making your position known and then repeating it ad nauseam on a variety of threads. Thus, cancellation becomes an attractive alternative. 

Can't underestimate the value of our Ignore feature. If it was my board, I'd change the name to Cancelled Users for  ***** and grins ....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

43 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Can’t argue that, too often it gets blurred by those that can’t stand an opposing point of view so they get their panties all bunched up.  Either way, still would rather have a spirited debate in person then online.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That may be the dirtiest play I have ever seen on a basketball court. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yes! Cancelled or cancelled  ☠️