• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Times providing content that might make you feel a little optimistic for USF FB in 2022

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think most here realize that anything the least bit optimistic (and this was pretty least) about the football program going forward is going to be clubbed to death like a baby seal by certain factions ....

I refuse to believe anyone finds this “optimistic”

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Even you're not loony enough to seriously call that a prediction. Here's their prediction:

We don’t know which way USF or FSU will go yet.

They are certainly presenting it as if they somehow see it as them being positive, they are high-fiving each other over their successful positive spun story that doesn’t seem very positive 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Quoting ESPN's stat analysis is positive spin according to Knight. I find that funny and sad all at once.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Quoting ESPN's stat analysis is positive spin according to Knight.

It really is pretty hilarious.

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Quoting ESPN's stat analysis is positive spin according to Knight. I find that funny and sad all at once.

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

It really is pretty hilarious.

When your baseline is directly negative anything less than directly inflammatory is viewed as positive, I suppose 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Joey just trollin the TBT haters ....

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I refuse to believe anyone finds this “optimistic”

They are certainly presenting it as if they somehow see it as them being positive, they are high-fiving each other over their successful positive spun story that doesn’t seem very positive 

Whatever ..... bottom line, again, is that they didn't predict anything in the way those wacky metrics will actually affect USF or FSU this year. Saying they did is just you distorting **** again ......... whimsically, of course.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Joey just trollin the TBT haters ....

So it’s not their job to be hometown cheerleaders but it is their job to be hostile trolls actively negative to our university and fans? These people are garbage and the paper can’t go out of business fast enough so that they can gain their rightful place manning a fryer at a local McDonalds .

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So it’s not their job to be hometown cheerleaders but it is their job to be hostile trolls actively negative to our university and fans?

How are they being actively negative to the university and fans? JK's specifically trolling the ones who whine about their coverage, which since the days of the Attendance Wars has not been anywhere near as bad as they've been charged with ..... which makes sense since most of the haters don't even read it, so how would they know what the coverage is like. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Ive chosen to ignore all the puff pieces this off-season.  It’s the same **** every year.  I’ll withhold judgement on CJS and the program till I see the product on the field in the fall.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Ive chosen to ignore all the puff pieces this off-season.  It’s the same **** every year.  I’ll withhold judgement on CJS and the program till I see the product on the field in the fall.

I am doing the same. This year I am not buying into anything I read about or see during the Spring. In years past I fell into the trap of buying into the Spring season hype. Not anymore. 

• Upvote 1