• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Times providing content that might make you feel a little optimistic for USF FB in 2022

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

Based on this article, " Teams that return at least 80 percent of their production typically improve the next year by about six points in Connelly’s SP+ advanced metrics. A similar growth for USF would boost the Bulls from 110th nationally (where they ranked last season) to 93rd". Based on these analytics, USF should finish the season at 7-6. which is the record of 93rd ranked Middle Tennessee. But with our SOS, if USF was to go 7-6, technically we could be ranked as high as 53rd ranked Boise State who was the highest ranked G6 team with 6 losses. Of course, my prediction is always UN-DUH-FEETED (Undefeated) until we are not!!!! :04-rock:

DDVNIZXGBBALPMHTBLT6A3WOSM.jpg

The Bulls and Seminoles both return a lot of production. Here’s what that means.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/

919703584_FireShotCapture165-CollegeFootballRankings2021-CBSSportsRanking-CBSSports_com_-www.cbssports_com.png.7b85acc91d666435bebbcd55b3972c10.png

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

GIF by Bright

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Saw this this morning and was going to mention it until came to a paragraph  that would have been honed in on for “further discussion”. Let’s hope the positive implications come to fruition. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

MTSU owns USF.

jean-luc godard spy GIF

still spying?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I stopped reading anything pre-season

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

If you can’t get excited about the fact that after completing three years of service CJS can perhaps almost have us within a year of where he found us I don’t know what gets you excited in life. With a little luck we may pass the century mark out of 130 schools and flounder to 93rd! That’s good stuff perhaps after four years he may even be able to do as well as what gets CCS fired and in greater amount of time, such joy! This prediction has him firmly in the fired bucket at any other school but VPMKs vision has him extended 2 more years.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you can’t get excited about the fact that after completing three years of service CJS can perhaps almost have us within a year of where he found us I don’t know what gets you excited in life. With a little luck we may pass the century mark out of 130 schools and flounder to 93rd! That’s good stuff perhaps after four years he may even be able to do as well as what gets CCS fired and in greater amount of time, such joy! This prediction has him firmly in the fired bucket at any other school but VPMKs vision has him extended 2 more years.

With the strength of schedule, 50ish, either way, a lot of ifs ands and buts.  Preseason predictions are garbage and I will be optimistic, even without any reason to, ignorance is bliss.  Not going full Gator but would love to see us actually have a winning season and for us to do that we need to actually win a road game or two. We do this by a Q like improvement at QB year one over 2, improvements in our D with the new direction and a fortuitous bounce or two.  I won’t debate you on why I would feel like this is even a possibility but tired of being a negative Nelly. #Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

With the strength of schedule, 50ish, either way, a lot of ifs ands and buts.  Preseason predictions are garbage and I will be optimistic, even without any reason to, ignorance is bliss.  Not going full Gator but would love to see us actually have a winning season and for us to do that we need to actually win a road game or two. We do this by a Q like improvement at QB year one over 2, improvements in our D with the new direction and a fortuitous bounce or two.  I won’t debate you on why I would feel like this is even a possibility but tired of being a negative Nelly. #Go Bulls!

I’m hoping that there is more reason for excitement and I’m not positive we can’t achieve it but I am positive that the mid 90’s after year three is garbage and it’s laughable that the Times is selling it as reason for excitement  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m hoping that there is more reason for excitement and I’m not positive we can’t achieve it but I am positive that the mid 90’s after year three is garbage and it’s laughable that the Times is selling it as reason for excitement  

Sometimes you have to be creative in trying to find reasons for optimism, I learned this trait through work and understand that at times the reach is comical but you do what you do to keep the team moving forward or at least not backward.