• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beach Volleyball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

13 hours ago, JTrue said:

I might be pervy, but you just outed yourself as someone who has a daughter who played college sports. That means you're Trip old. You have a kid who's done with college. You must be posting from your Blackberry or a desktop Dell computer.

My other daughter played indoor volleyball at Kentucky.  Both are graduated and off the payroll. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

22 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Wait till you star getting mail from AARP asking you to join.   That’s when it hits you 

Yes it does, however I still find joy in asking my wife if she wants the AARP envelopes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes it does, however I still find joy in asking my wife if she wants the AARP envelopes.

For the record, you can join AARP at any adult age but it's geared towards the 50+ ...... and it was still an ice water bucket dose of reality smacking into my face when I started to receive solicitations around 50.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Hey man half price at the movies😂…not that I use that anymore since I can watch it all at home. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

I used to love watching both women's and men's beach volleyball back in the day, particularly on Clearwater Beach.  Karch Kiraly, Sinjin Smith, Tim Hovland, Mike Dodd and other beasts of the beach made the '80s remarkable. I also am so old that dirt taunts me with "OK Boomer!"  My days of ogling women players has long passed.  However, I was fortunate enough and robbed the cradle to marry a former D-1 college volleyball player.  Now I get my kicks watching my teenage daughter on the indoor volleyball courts all around the Carolinas and bordering states.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I used to love watching both women's and men's beach volleyball back in the day, particularly on Clearwater Beach.  Karch Kiraly, Sinjin Smith, Tim Hovland, Mike Dodd and other beasts of the beach made the '80s remarkable. I also am so old that dirt taunts me with "OK Boomer!"  My days of ogling women players has long passed.  However, I was fortunate enough and robbed the cradle to marry a former D-1 college volleyball player.  Now I get my kicks watching my teenage daughter on the indoor volleyball courts all around the Carolinas and bordering states.  

Like when Goose, Iceman and Maverick used to compete?

23 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Now I get my kicks watching my teenage daughter on the indoor volleyball courts all around the Carolinas and bordering states.  

Went that route back a few years ago and really enjoyed, for the most part, but was wondering how those tourneys have been/were affected by Covid?

1 minute ago, Triple B said:
26 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Now I get my kicks watching my teenage daughter on the indoor volleyball courts all around the Carolinas and bordering states.  

Went that route back a few years ago and really enjoyed, for the most part, but was wondering how those tourneys have been/were affected by Covid?

Quite frankly, COVID has not changed things all that much at tourneys around here (particularly in Tennessee, where they apparently haven't heard of it).  They are still packed with teams and spectators.  Went to a big tournament last year Sevierville during the pre-vaccine high-water mark of the curve.  The place was pretty much standing room only on the floor and my wife and I were the only ones I saw wearing masks, even though we headed to the rafter seating to avoid close contact with the crowds.  That said, we have had quite a few players who have had to miss games and enter the protocols because of contracting COVID.  I guess it like anything in life, you make your choices, you pays your money and you take your chances.

10 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Quite frankly, COVID has not changed things all that much at tourneys around here (particularly in Tennessee, where they apparently haven't heard of it).  They are still packed with teams and spectators.  Went to a big tournament last year Sevierville during the pre-vaccine high-water mark of the curve.  The place was pretty much standing room only on the floor and my wife and I were the only ones I saw wearing masks, even though we headed to the rafter seating to avoid close contact with the crowds.  That said, we have had quite a few players who have had to miss games and enter the protocols because of contracting COVID.  I guess it like anything in life, you make your choices, you pays your money and you take your chances.

Did they have the big one in Atlanta?

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Did they have the big one in Atlanta?

Not in our schedule so I do not know.