• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory must go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

22 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

God that kills me…

Why?

He was there to see Mick Cronin, who was his old assistant.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Why?

He was there to see Mick Cronin, who was his old assistant.

But he was available right? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But he was available right? 

I guess he would have been “available”.

Why would anyone think he’d come here? Especially after the Masiello situation.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Speaking of Massiello, his record fell off a cliff after that whole deal with USF and his degrees. So maybe not a good choice eventhough we didn’t get him

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

USF mustn't throw Gregory under the bus. As has been pointed out, winning here is hard and not a problem with any 1 coach. I hope that gets fixed. But in the meantime we can't give anyone a reason to say "I can't win there and they'll fire me in disgrace a few years in anyway" - that's not a good talent acquisition strategy 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

USF mustn't throw Gregory under the bus. As has been pointed out, winning here is hard and not a problem with any 1 coach. I hope that gets fixed. But in the meantime we can't give anyone a reason to say "I can't win there and they'll fire me in disgrace a few years in anyway" - that's not a good talent acquisition strategy 

I don’t think he has been thrown under the bus. He has been given 5 years to win. He had only one winning season and then we had the issues last year that led to a mass exodus. As a HC that’s on you also. The rebuild this year was awful and this team struggles to score 60 a game and as I said earlier, what do you see in that roster that makes you think next year will be better? Any recruits you see coming in?

I’m tired of hearing is hard to win here. He is getting a nice paycheck, he has nice facilities and being in Tampa and AAC coaches should be able to do better.

If we do look I hope we take a shot at Chris Jans in NMState who has won everywhere he has coached.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

Hummm…I don’t think that would hold him back. The real issue would have probably been $. Of course Iona is probably not paying excessively but it’s a good fit with a Catholic university that he is comfortable with (similar to his days at Providence College). 

39 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I don’t think he has been thrown under the bus. He has been given 5 years to win. He had only one winning season and then we had the issues last year that led to a mass exodus. As a HC that’s on you also. The rebuild this year was awful and this team struggles to score 60 a game and as I said earlier, what do you see in that roster that makes you think next year will be better? Any recruits you see coming in?

I’m tired of hearing is hard to win here. He is getting a nice paycheck, he has nice facilities and being in Tampa and AAC coaches should be able to do better.

If we do look I hope we take a shot at Chris Jans in NMState who has won everywhere he has coached.

Completely agree, five years is plenty and unlike football basketball can be turned around more quickly. It’s amazing how terrible this university has been in a sport that has existed For 50 years. I wonder why the athletics department did not do anything promotionally speaking for the 50 year anniversary? Maybe I answered that…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

18 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Good points all around

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

The same people saying hire Rick Pitino are the same people saying we could never bring the outcast Jim Leavitt because of what he did…..just sayin