• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Being Positive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

ucf had a tremendous signing day especially at RB. At the end of the day this type of nonsense probably makes no difference…it’s the social media world we live in today. People just shrug their shoulders and move on. 

Even more so, why be upset?  If the overall result is "tremendous" let the others go where they want to and do not let it bother you.

Sorry, the above is a rational point of view.  We all know many of the miscreants to be irrational. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Even more so, why be upset?  If the overall result is "tremendous" let the others go where they want to and do not let it bother you.

Sorry, the above is a rational point of view.  We all know many of the miscreants to be irrational. 

I suspect there were other schools that did the same, again it’s the world of social media where it’s easy to be a psychotic ass hole. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

12 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I do not follow recruiting as closely as a lot of you all.  I had only known about what was going on from the posts on here and an alert from CBS Sports HQ about Sanders and Jackson St. landing the top recruit. So when I saw the original post, I kind of chuckled and thought that he must not read anything on this site. 

I had figured UCF would be benefitting from the Big 12 invite and had no idea what their fans were up to.  I could try and amuse by saying the miscreant fans' behaviour is to be expected and not a surprise.  Reality though shows how shocking some can be when they live vicariously through a football team. I think we can be disappointed when we lose a potential difference maker but I have never held it against any young man making life changing, future influencing  decisons.

I think most know I have nothing but contempt for some of our fans who aren't around much but come running out of the woodwork to sing the praises of the miscreants to the east when they accomplish something or something goes well for them.  The lamenting about how we are not like them is insulting. I would not be happy if I found some of our fans trying to intimidate 17 and 18 year old athletes. 

Thing is that their behavior is totally expected. Their social media presence has long been comprised of royal douchebags ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, hm101 said:

im not on the twatter but i am happy to hear USF fans are representing the school well 

even if you want to be dbag online, I would recommend going the classy dbag route at least and take the condescending high road

maybe i will join the twatter soon, it seems like it's where lots of usf stuff happens. 

Never bash the kids ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thing is that their behavior is totally expected. Their social media presence has long been comprised of royal douchebags ...

It is a pretty a accurate reflection on of their entitled,  delusional, and mostly disrespectful fan base.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I have known all about them on conference message boards and even this one years ago.  I do not use Twitter and never have so while it does not surprise that they might message nasty things to say a USF fan or program account, it is shocking that they would directly contact a high school student athlete with negative posts. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I suspect there were other schools that did the same, again it’s the world of social media where it’s easy okay to be a psychotic ass hole. 

Fixed

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Until Sander’s leaves after this season: 

Wouldn't he just go with him?

10 hours ago, Mission9 said:

I do not use Twitter

Winning!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Mission9 said:

I have known all about them on conference message boards and even this one years ago.  I do not use Twitter and never have so while it does not surprise that they might message nasty things to say a USF fan or program account, it is shocking that they would directly contact a high school student athlete with negative posts. 

They have a much larger fanbase at this point.  It’s easy to point out the crazies when they post stupid stuff to recruits but they also have more supportive fans as well.  You have to take the bad with the good.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

35 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

They have a much larger fanbase at this point.  It’s easy to point out the crazies when they post stupid stuff to recruits but they also have more supportive fans as well.  You have to take the bad with the good.  

At the end of the day who cares, we have underachieved and they overachieved.  To take some higher moral ground that we are better, more just, preeminent and superior is silly, let’s get our **** together and compete again on the field, the rest is just nonsense.  

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1