• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Being Positive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

9 hours ago, Mission9 said:

Some things are unacceptable no matter how much success you have. 

I simply have a higher tolerance for drunkenness, debauchery, delinquency and overall Tom foolery.  I would much rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, it is all in ones perspective. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I simply have a higher tolerance for drunkenness, debauchery, delinquency and overall Tom foolery.  I would much rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, it is all in ones perspective. 

Not many on here have been more irreverent than I. I never minded when the miscreants used to frequent this board. Easy targets.  Even so, I really don't care how well the team which one lives vicariously does if one tries to intimidate or shame kids, that person is the loser.

17 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Not many on here have been more irreverent than I. I never minded when the miscreants used to frequent this board. Easy targets.  Even so, I really don't care how well the team which one lives vicariously does if one tries to intimidate or shame kids, that person is the loser.

I agree they are losers however these aren’t really kids, most are 18, some 17 but either way most are old enough to join the military, get charged as an adult, vote etc…I am not a fan of coddling them, I simply don’t like calling them kids like they are in elementary school.  The guys we cheer and criticize on the field are men whether you choose to recognize that or not.   

33 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I agree they are losers however these aren’t really kids, most are 18, some 17 but either way most are old enough to join the military, get charged as an adult, vote etc…I am not a fan of coddling them, I simply don’t like calling them kids like they are in elementary school.  The guys we cheer and criticize on the field are men whether you choose to recognize that or not.   

It's like anything else, they should be able to handle the adverse  situations their choices bring them.  I just say this adverse situation should not happen. No coddling called for. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Did you marry a Catholic girl?  

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I don't know. If someone is only 7 years older than my grandson it sounds like a kid to me. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Even if "Only the Good Die Young" , "She's Always A Woman"

Edited by Mission9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't know. If someone is only 7 years older than my grandson it sounds like a kid to me. 

I married a baptist girl and she spent a year converting to RCIA to appease me and Baptize my girls. My girls are 23 and 20 and they are adults now, end of the day if you are 18 you are a man in my book, some of you boomers are soft IMO .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

7 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I married a baptist girl and she spent a year converting to RCIA to appease me and Baptize my girls. My girls are 23 and 20 and they are adults now, end of the day if you are 18 you are a man in my book, some of you boomers are soft IMO .

Your perspective changes as you age. Definition of old age - 15 years older than you are currently. When I was 50, 66 sounded old. Now that I'm 66, 80 sounds old. I'm sure when I'm 80, 95 will sound old.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I think we are confusing two things here, they are young and I have no problem calling them kids however they shouldn’t be treated as kids, they are adults and are not above criticism.  It just amazes me that some people get bent out of shape if we hurl some criticism or an insult their way, like they are precious snowflakes that need to be coddled.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

This has really gone off track. 

• Haha 1