• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bob Shoop hired as DC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Maybe he sees same with Scott...if he gets canned next year doesn't he still get paid by USF plus his new employer?  Maybe a smart move going to coaches almost ready to be fired. As long as he makes the defense better he can keep getting jobs.

Aren't most assistants on a year to year contract?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

We got a coordinator that’s barely out of puberty and another that qualifies for a 55+ community.

I hope CJS has got this all figured out

the karate kid balance GIF

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Aren't most assistants on a year to year contract?

More and more coordinators get multi-year deals, hell we paid Kerwin Bell 2 years for only one years worth of work however he definitely earned it, we will always have the memories. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Friscobull said:

More and more coordinators get multi-year deals, hell we paid Kerwin Bell 2 years for only one years worth of work however he definitely earned it, we will always have the memories. 

Yeah, I did remember the KB thing and thought I read that wasn't the norm but maybe sounds like could be getting there, for coordinators anyway .....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

That’s what we get for buying our coordinators by the pound 

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, I did remember the KB thing and thought I read that wasn't the norm but maybe sounds like could be getting there, for coordinators anyway .....

It wasn’t the norm but contract negotiations is one of the many things VPMK is super dooper extra good at.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

homer simpson laughing GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Guy was DC at Vandy for 3 years.

Before he got there Vandy let up 30+ a game and when he left (with Franklin) they gave up 30+ a game.

In between his teams gave up 21.7, 18.6, 24.6 ppg. He wasn’t doing out talent in anyone at Vandy.

I think the guy can and has coached well. Does he look at this as a retirement job or is he willing to put the work in? That’s a crapshoot to some extent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

It wasn’t the norm but contract negotiations is one of the many things VPMK is super dooper extra good at.

I agree ......

spacer.png

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Good old CKB. Theres one that hasn't been brought up for a while. Lots of KB haters on here yet, the guy was a successful player and coach. I was always a fan from way back. I will always believe that he got screwed over by CS. I wondered what he had been doing lately and presto, here is a article from Nov about his "turn around" at Western Carolina. Folks can argue level of play but then, all is relative. Anyway, for all the KB fan's this is a good read. If people hate the guy and blame him for all things Strong then dont bother reading. He has brought winning and excitement to a program. Plus, nice area to live in. Wonder what he would have been like if he had been hired as the HC and Strong wasn't around?? 

f5c52ee77ae5b55f4faa797bc30ae6af

After an 0-6 start at Western Carolina, Kerwin Bell has the Catamounts on a three-game winning streak. The future is looking pretty good, too.