• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trying to visualize our dline improvement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

22 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If I'm Timmy I am definitely looking to throw the ball to my best WR in big spots. You need to have comfortability and trust between your top WR and QB. 

Also worth noting Cade was taking the 1st team reps all spring and fall. This off-season Timmy will have more reps to build a rhythm with the starting receivers

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Days Won:  28

48 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If I'm Timmy I am definitely looking to throw the ball to my best WR in big spots. You need to have comfortability and trust between your top WR and QB. 

We have close to 20 receivers and 4 tight ends. These guys are all starving. He needs to figure out how to feed more of his dogs this offseason. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have close to 20 receivers and 4 tight ends. These guys are all starving. He needs to figure it out how to feed his dogs this offseason. 

Some  dogs you hunt with and some dogs you leave at home on the porch. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

The Strongest will Lead !

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Days Won:  28

43 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Some  dogs you hunt with and some dogs you leave at home on the porch. 

That's cool. But them other 2 QBs might have some dog food to give to everybody or at least more of the 24 "pass catchers" on this team than Timmy. Incoming QB Byrum Brown passed for 3,817 yds, Rushed for 1,173 yds, w/13 tds on the ground. He has 43 td passes to ONLY 4 ints this year.  Timmy better not get too comfortable and better start feeding as many dogs as he can or they will give their loyalty to somebody else. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That's cool. But them other 2 QBs might have some dog food to give to everybody or at least more of the 24 "pass catchers" on this team than Timmy. Incoming QB Byrum Brown passed for 3,817 yds, Rushed for 1,173 yds, w/13 tds on the ground. He has 43 td passes to ONLY 4 ints this year.  Timmy better not get too comfortable and better start feeding as many dogs as he can or they will give their loyalty to somebody else. 

Just because we have a lot of WRs on the roster doesn't mean that they are good enough to play. 21 different players caught a pass this season, 5 of them were in double digits. UCF had 17 different guys catch a pass and 7 were in double-digits. Not that big of a difference. We have no idea if any of the incoming freshman QBs are going to be able to do anything. If they beat Timmy, so be it. I always want to see our best players on the field. I was just making the point that WR was a position where we had talent, but not excessive depth. I would like to build some continuity if we can, but let the best men win. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Just because we have a lot of WRs on the roster doesn't mean that they are good enough to play. 21 different players caught a pass this season, 5 of them were in double digits. UCF had 17 different guys catch a pass and 7 were in double-digits. Not that big of a difference. We have no idea if any of the incoming freshman QBs are going to be able to do anything. If they beat Timmy, so be it. I always want to see our best players on the field. I was just making the point that WR was a position where we had talent, but not excessive depth. I would like to build some continuity if we can, but let the best men win. 

I suspect incoming QBs will be redshirted (but could play 4 games in mop up or blow out roles). Still think we need one more transfer QB for experience sakes…or have I missed one? 

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I suspect incoming QBs will be redshirted (but could play 4 games in mop up or blow out roles).

Unfortunately, we won't have 4 opportunities for that in 2022.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Unfortunately, we won't have 4 opportunities for that in 2022.

I am good with that in terms of getting blown out…but in terms of mop up we do play Temple. 

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am good with that in terms of getting blown out…but in terms of mop up we do play Temple. 

Makes sense and we do play Howard so I guess that's 2 mop up and 2 blow outs (hopefully only 2).