• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Portal thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

He may be damaged goods by this point.  2 ACL tears on the same knee among other injuries

b7242870-8f50-4cd4-a7bb-4a8d7e4f434e-USA

An All-Big Ten QB in 2020, Penix showed enormous potential at his best in Bloomington. Too often, that potential was stunted by serious injury.

Maybe they pushed to play him too soon? Second ACL tear on same knee would take a long time to heal properly, maybe a year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

No on Penix for me.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

I'm a no on Penix as well.  Living in Ohio I see a lot of Big Ten games and he is no better than McClain, in my opinion.  Let's stick with Timmy and develop some of these freshmen QB's.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

I'm a no on Penix as well.  Living in Ohio I see a lot of Big Ten games and he is no better than McClain, in my opinion.  Let's stick with Timmy and develop some of these freshmen QB's.

Da bulls need a couple more DE's ( King Matabula and the DE/LB that transferred from the Washington Huskies are a names that i'd call

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, widerberg said:

Maybe they pushed to play him too soon? Second ACL tear on same knee would take a long time to heal properly, maybe a year.

Pass...

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

these transfers will make or break scott

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

He may be damaged goods by this point.  2 ACL tears on the same knee among other injuries

b7242870-8f50-4cd4-a7bb-4a8d7e4f434e-USA

An All-Big Ten QB in 2020, Penix showed enormous potential at his best in Bloomington. Too often, that potential was stunted by serious injury.

This is exactly the type of guy that you bring in that would be willing to serve as backup for Timmy and potentially get his shot if Timmy goes down. Any QB that comes in is going to have warts. I will gladly take a local kid with big time experience. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

Not a big fan at all (nor getting excited) about all these transfers. If a player is transferring to us, more than likely they have issues or are just not any good.

Just look at the results of all our transfers last year, not much positive about them (other than RB Mangham).

Look at our Men's Basketball team as to how a bunch of transfers turn out! 

I thought Jeff Scott was a great recruiter. That is how you build a team. Yet, we only have like 7 High school commitments this year, several are not even rated.

All of these transfers are not good for College Football and is ridiculous. Similar to the Coaching Carousel going on currently.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

10 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Not a big fan at all (nor getting excited) about all these transfers. If a player is transferring to us, more than likely they have issues or are just not any good.

Just look at the results of all our transfers last year, not much positive about them (other than RB Mangham).

I thought Jeff Scott was a great recruiter. That is how you build a team. Yet, we only have like 7 High school commitments this year, several are not even rated.

All of these transfers are not good for College Football and is ridiculous. Similar to the Coaching Carousel going on currently.

A lot of the transfers are the result of coaching changes. Players commit to a coach as much as they commit to a University. When a coaching change results in a change of scheme, it can leave a player without hope of playing time. Also, many kids leave home and decide that they want to go back. It isn't as if we don't have a long, colorful history of guys transferring in and out of USF. 

As for this year's squad, Hill was another potential bright spot. He played hard and just needs to work on finishing the hit/tackle. The kid from KSU was supposed to be our starter and got hurt. Terry started to contribute the last third of the year. The portal is a necessary evil this year. Hopefully, after this upcoming season, we won't be forced to rely upon it as much as we have in the past. The fact that CJS is pulling in some of the quality transfers that we are seeing is an indication that he can recruit (and that we have glaring holes that can be filled immediately). 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Generally, I actually agree with this. I think it should be 70/30 recruits over transfers. But, CJS knows he has to move fast for not only his job but for a fan base who is teetering on leaving all together. Desperate times, desperate measures.  

• Go Bulls! 2