• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Boston College

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Not getting out in transition with Murphy should be a crime. He’s usually the best athlete on the floor and can blow by or jump over backpedaling defenders.

Totally agree, BG says that he wants to push the tempo much more, but for some reason it never happens.  We need easy tranition baskets, get the other team tired and use our depth.  Something needs to change

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

As I watched that game last night it’s abundantly clear. That this tteams needs not has to need to score more points in transition because they’re low post office is terrible. 
Their very athletic & excellent defenders. I also believe they have some shooters but with no low post threat, it makes it very difficult to get good outside looks

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, bcgruber said:

Totally agree, BG says that he wants to push the tempo much more, but for some reason it never happens.  We need easy tranition baskets, get the other team tired and use our depth.  Something needs to change

When you shoot 36.9/25.8/59.7 percent as a team you have to do something different to create easy baskets.  They need to press a lot and force the tempo.  Use your depth and play balls to the wall.  This team looks like it will struggle in any game that is played in the half court, no matter the opponent.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

43 minutes ago, jg233 said:

When you shoot 36.9/25.8/59.7 percent as a team you have to do something different to create easy baskets.  They need to press a lot and force the tempo.  Use your depth and play balls to the wall.  This team looks like it will struggle in any game that is played in the half court, no matter the opponent.

Exactly. The kids are playing hard, just need to direct that energy.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

First off I enjoyed watching the game play in person last night. It is a different perspective than on the tube for sure. The things I noticed about this team is that the down low presence from the offensive play making is not very good. So many missed opportunities. However, activity after a missed offense shot was excellent rebounding wise but they simply can’t score second chance points. It looks to me they were rushing shots instead of taking the ball out an resetting. Last, many of these players were decent scorers at that their previous schools but are now not getting it done. I am starting to wonder if the defensive style (bump, crash, and grind) is impacting them on the other end? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

Time to get Matos some more minutes.  He plays really well with Mccreary with both in the post and working off each other.  He still hasn't tried Matos and Tchewa at the same time might really dominate inside to open up the outside shots.  Also hear Walker is close which should give us a little more scoring punch 

5 hours ago, Massbull said:

As I watched that game last night it’s abundantly clear. That this tteams needs not has to need to score more points in transition because they’re low post office is terrible. 
Their very athletic & excellent defenders. I also believe they have some shooters but with no low post threat, it makes it very difficult to get good outside looks

The reason the low post offense might be so horrible is we have basically been playing 4 out 1 inside.  They know they can collapse the post since Boggs is really not much of a rebounder.  would like to see a double post presence and see if that opens up the outside shot.  We have been told we are a good shooting team we just aren't taking alot of easy looks from the 3 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

It’s like Groundhogs Day. I feel like I’ve watched this game so many times over the years. Great effort but nothing to show for it because we can’t shoot. Make a dunk, 1 more three, and 3-4 more free throws and we’re winning coming into the last 4 minute segment of the game. Deja Vu all over again. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

First off I enjoyed watching the game play in person last night. It is a different perspective than on the tube for sure. The things I noticed about this team is that the down low presence from the offensive play making is not very good. So many missed opportunities. However, activity after a missed offense shot was excellent rebounding wise but they simply can’t score second chance points. It looks to me they were rushing shots instead of taking the ball out an resetting. Last, many of these players were decent scorers at that their previous schools but are now not getting it done. I am starting to wonder if the defensive style (bump, crash, and grind) is impacting them on the other end? 

Native American Burial Grounds.  Bad JuJu travels well.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, 84Bull said:

It’s like Groundhogs Day. I feel like I’ve watched this game so many times over the years. Great effort but nothing to show for it because we can’t shoot. Make a dunk, 1 more three, and 3-4 more free throws and we’re winning coming into the last 4 minute segment of the game. Deja Vu all over again. 

How funny.  That’s the same thing I thought watching that game last night.  Different players same type of game I’ve seen a thousand times with the same predictable outcome.

Edited by El_Toro_86