• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF trustees list on-campus stadium as a priority for interim president

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,091
  • Days Won:  39

#DOSOMETHING with cupholders.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I know a friend of a guy that heard from someone that this is a done deal, cup holders and all!

Water fountains?

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

19 hours ago, widerberg said:

200.gif

After the homecoming non-announcement, I decided to just ignore all OCS stuff until something actually happens. I feel a lot better. I get enough up and down emotions from just watching the team, I decided I don't need it about OCS/facilities, too. I'm burying my head in the sand until something actually happens.

I've heard were moving the campus to Ybor (to make it more convenient for the kids), the Rays will kick in up to $37 to build a new multi-purpose stadium and the Bulls will split time between here and Montreal but play three-down football in both places.

Marc Maron Liar GIF by IFC

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

6 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I've heard were moving the campus to Ybor (to make it more convenient for the kids), the Rays will kick in up to $37 to build a new multi-purpose stadium and the Bulls will split time between here and Montreal but play three-down football in both places.

Marc Maron Liar GIF by IFC

Speaking of...someone local (i think it was JP Peterson) said the Rays are considering 2 Tampa locations: Ybor and the Dog track off 275. 

If it ends up being the latter a pro baseball team 4 miles from campus would make me want to go back to school

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

21 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

All this tells me is that they have no idea yet about either a potential site or funding - aka we are nowhere close to even announcing anything. This is actually super disappointing. I don't believe anything anyone says anymore.

I read the article a bit differently. I read that as a guideline for the new President and that an OCS is coming whenever they are hired.

They certainly have an idea on the site and funding/timeline, etc. is being discussed

• Go Bulls! 4

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Speaking of...someone local (i think it was JP Peterson) said the Rays are considering 2 Tampa locations: Ybor and the Dog track off 275. 

If it ends up being the latter a pro baseball team 4 miles from campus would make me want to go back to school

Quarter beers and quarter hot dogs the second Saturday of every month at the dog track, had some great times in that establishment.  I only won really big once and we took a taxi downtown and blew it all at a club.  What a terrible place for the stadium, the area around it is straight ass.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/17/2021 at 1:23 PM, zarnozdabull said:

All this tells me is that they have no idea yet about either a potential site or funding - aka we are nowhere close to even announcing anything. This is actually super disappointing. I don't believe anything anyone says anymore.

They have the site decided...Tampa Bay Times doesn't have any knowledge on whats going on behind the scenes. The stadium again is 100% getting built on campus. I do not know when, but I'd put my money on the under 10 years haha. I think a announcement is coming at the end of the year when they have the visual plans finalized. Although, it was supposed to come during the homecoming game, but I agree with waiting until the design is finalized

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

53 minutes ago, TampaBay727813 said:

They have the site decided...Tampa Bay Times doesn't have any knowledge on whats going on behind the scenes. The stadium again is 100% getting built on campus. I do not know when, but I'd put my money on the under 10 years haha. I think a announcement is coming at the end of the year when they have the visual plans finalized. Although, it was supposed to come during the homecoming game, but I agree with waiting until the design is finalized

I know nothing, but I would bet quite a sum of money that it will be on campus and most likely integrated right into the athletics area.  Why?  Because if not, there is no point of doing this, and we might as well stick with Ray Jay.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,091
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Quarter beers and quarter hot dogs the second Saturday of every month at the dog track, had some great times in that establishment.  I only won really big once and we took a taxi downtown and blew it all at a club.  What a terrible place for the stadium, the area around it is straight ass.  

I am assuming the area around it would be developed with Mickey Mouse cookie cutter fare and some apartments like The Battery here in ATL.  That place was also a dump near a Del Taco before they developed it up.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  67

26 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I am assuming the area around it would be developed with Mickey Mouse cookie cutter fare and some apartments like The Battery here in ATL.  That place was also a dump near a Del Taco before they developed it up.  

I am having a hard time visualizing that because it is not centrally located, no downtown building backdrop and it is urban blight for as far as the eye can see.  The immediate area was not good, but plenty of very nice areas in the vicinity, North Atlanta is where the money is at, north Tampa not so much.  I realize they will build up some areas immediately around it but is still a bad location IMO.