• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Remember when we used to beat teams like UC and UH on a regular basis?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

9 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

Well we had the Holtz New Error, then Taggart's slow start.  Strong (who should change his last name to Weak) did not help in the wins department.  Maybe, just maybe Scott will be line Taggart and turn USF into an offensive juggernaut.  It does not look promising right now.

Not sure what you're seeing... with McClain at QB, Mangham and Battie in the backfield, Weaver and Horne and Dollison on the outside... and the entire OL coming back.  USF might score 35+ in every game next year.

• Go Bulls! 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, hightechbull said:

I know all schools hit a slump every now and then, but this is getting ridiculous.  Strong really put a hex on this team and set us back 10+ years.  

We hung 50 on them  by half time in Fickles first year.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

42 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Not sure what you're seeing... with McClain at QB, Mangham and Battie in the backfield, Weaver and Horne and Dollison on the outside... and the entire OL coming back.  USF might score 35+ in every game next year.

The dude on ESPN kept harping on Cinncy having quality first and second team defense. Mentioned something about not so much on offense past first team. Defense wins it every time.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

The dude on ESPN kept harping on Cinncy having quality first and second team defense. Mentioned something about not so much on offense past first team. Defense wins it every time.

Defense does win every time.  Go back and look at the scores of our games when we used to beat ranked teams…you won’t find high scores and shootouts.  You will find scores where we held the opponents to under 21 points or around there.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

UCF may be 0-5 against Leavitt after today and SMU isn't trying to run up the score..  SMU up 38 to 14 Halftime.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

You do have a good point there.  We have some young guys that could turn this sinking ship around next year.  The OL needs to learn to block better, and the defense needs to stop giving up big passing and running plays.  

However for the immediate future, it is very grim.  Maybe a win at Tulane.  UCF will be tough, but I am reveling in their misery right now as SMU is putting a beat down on them.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

Maybe a win at Tulane.  UCF will be tough, but I am reveling in their misery right now as SMU is putting a beat down on them.

c losing no longer brings the same joy, that happens when we lose almost every game, it even sucked the joy from watching them take an ass beating.  Jeez

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

c losing no longer brings the same joy, that happens when we lose almost every game, it even sucked the joy from watching them take an ass beating.  Jeez

Agree 100 percent. It also takes away the joy of watching them lose knowing they are onto bigger and better things in a few years.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think the only teams we “regularly” beat have been Syracuse and UConn.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

Unfortunately, I dont remember or it feels like it was another lifetime.  My 06-09 college days were something else. The 15-17 peak went so fast and i feel like i took it for granted. Even then Houston and the 4th and 24...