• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post Game Press Conf (listen to question/answer at @ 13:20)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

Is that the question about seniors ??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

Is that the question about seniors ??

Yes

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

I mean, as much crap as some of us give these guys, having all of them wanting to come back is great! If this was still Strong, not only would most of these guys leave, there would be an exodus of transfers out of the program.

Either Strong was unable to connect or didn’t care to connect. I think Scott gets his full contract length, I think Spencer gets canned after this season or is on the hot seat.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

1. 1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

I mean, as much crap as some of us give these guys, having all of them wanting to come back is great! If this was still Strong, not only would most of these guys leave, there would be an exodus of transfers out of the program.

Either Strong was unable to connect or didn’t care to connect. I think Scott gets his full contract length, I think Spencer gets canned after this season or is on the hot seat.

My guess is the latter... unfortunately for we fans who are frustrated with the lack of in-season progress.

1. 2020 is basically like 1996... a season long "practice"
  2. 2021 is really year one in the rebuilding year.
  3. Injuries and inexperience had a bigger impact than we might see from the peanut gallery.
  4. Incoming transfers and recruits could have an immediate impact.

For those reasons, I think Scott might want to give Spencer one more chance... of course other openings around the country could mean we see position coaches depart.

----

To me... 2021 may look a lot like 2016... USF went 10-2... Taggart had finally let Flowers be Flowers... and the defense allowed an average of 31 points per game... and the offense averaged 44 points per game.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

BOOM. ^ This.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Amazing and encouraging 

I'm a rock solid believer in Coach Scott. 

The part I missed is, are the 16 only the guys we want back, or ALL the seniors. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Change in the culture baby, not winning but we did smoke the women’s soccer team in a shootout.  In all seriousness,   I also think we turn the corner next year but is it too much to ask to beat c to close out this year?  I know it probably is but could someone throw me a ******* bone for the love of god. 

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Amazing and encouraging 

I'm a rock solid believer in Coach Scott. 

The part I missed is, are the 16 only the guys we want back, or ALL the seniors. 

He is going to have to make the difficult decision to tell some of these guys to hit the bricks, that is not a fun conversation especially if they are nice guys that work hard.