• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post Game Press Conf (listen to question/answer at @ 13:20)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Friscobull said:

He is going to have to make the difficult decision to tell some of these guys to hit the bricks, that is not a fun conversation especially if they are nice guys that work hard.  

This…all of them are not coming back. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

When you listen to the players they all speak very highly of CJS and they appear to believe in him and he in them obviously. As Recruiting Class, Spring and Summer come around it will be the true test to see if some see a better opportunity. I think CJS needs a DC coordinator that has been around, proven/successful, maybe a HC at one time, to come in and provide some solid foundation. Help him out a little as he grows into the HC role. Off season will also tell us how smart and how tough our coach is if he has to fire and hire. No more lateral steps we need an upgrade. Be interesting. No more stories about Clemson or High School just the here and now time-his time. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714

It’s great that these guys want to come back, but in all fairness, if they want to play football in 2022, coming back is their only option. Not one senior is NFL or even CFL caliber in my opinion. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

maybe a HC at one time,

Hmm. CJL DC/Co-HC.

Seriously. CJS got really emotional there. Clearly he cares and is invested way more than any coach i can remember since CJL.  I see great things ahead. I think it will be interesting to see what decisions he makes. There wasn't much (if any) turnover of coaches at Clemson. I bet he keeps Spencer on another year. To Spencer's defense (no pun intended) he just doesnt have the talent and depth. It doesn't matter what coach you plug in. See UF and Samford lol. 

Edited by Sk00b
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

When you listen to the players they all speak very highly of CJS and they appear to believe in him and he in them obviously. As Recruiting Class, Spring and Summer come around it will be the true test to see if some see a better opportunity. I think CJS needs a DC coordinator that has been around, proven/successful, maybe a HC at one time, to come in and provide some solid foundation. Help him out a little as he grows into the HC role. Off season will also tell us how smart and how tough our coach is if he has to fire and hire. No more lateral steps we need an upgrade. Be interesting. No more stories about Clemson or High School just the here and now time-his time. 

Sounds like you are talking about Coach O. Believe me, I am a huge fan of that man.

Not so much lately, his actions have bot been the best.

I would be more than ok if he came down to USF though.

18 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Hmm. CJL DC/Co-HC.

Seriously. CJS got really emotional there. Clearly he cares and is invested way more than any coach i can remember since CJL.  I see great things ahead. I think it will be interesting to see what decisions he makes. There wasn't much (if any) turnover of coaches at Clemson. I bet he keeps Spencer on another year. To Spencer's defense (no pun intended) he just doesnt have the talent and depth. It doesn't matter what coach you plug in. See UF and Samford lol. 

Ha..No it wasn't a CJL moment. Thinking DC from the P5 that is a good one and would consider it due to turn over or HC firings-whatever. But, your prob right on CSp only prob is, if more of same we will be screwed. Our offense can score 35-40pts/game but if the D gives up 45-50pts??? Screwed but a feel better moment due to lots of points accumulated. Guess we will see who they add in the off season???

17 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Sounds like you are talking about Coach O. Believe me, I am a huge fan of that man.

Not so much lately, his actions have bot been the best.

I would be more than ok if he came down to USF though.

I had said something about O in another post last week. Was pretty much a pie in the sky thing but.....He might be too much for CJS to handle. And will prob get lured to Alabama

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

I had said something about O in another post last week. Was pretty much a pie in the sky thing but.....He might be too much for CJS to handle. And will prob get lured to Alabama

Yea, I think that is what will happen. There is rumor that some teams in the NFL are considering him as well. I think if we hired him, we would have to hire him as a head coach and somehow provide endless authentic gumbo and boiled crawfish

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Spencer came from the Big 12 at Oklahoma State has he ever had a good defense as DC and how long ago...the game has changed.

I say we upgrade our DC...younger  energetic and comes from a team with normally good defense. 

And it will be a difficult conversation but some of the senior defensive linemen need to move on..time to get some young talent on the line.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/13/2021 at 1:01 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

This…all of them are not coming back. 

No, 16 seniors are returning. He spoke to them already and gave them the choice- they all said they wanted to be a part of next year.  They did not participate in senior night. The ones leaving were honored on senior night.  I think there were 9 leaving.
We have other juniors and below hitting the portal so there will be attrition. In all its pretty huge that he has buy in like this. We have come a long way from dealing with tantrums from Nick Roberts and Johnny Ford on the sideline. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1