• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott Post Game Presser ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

28 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Couldn't agree more. I am very unimpressed thus far with Weis Jr. and despite seeing improvements elsewhere, I am concerned that the learning curve is delayed for Weis as a VERY young, inexperienced playcaller. He makes sometimes inexplicable decisions which don't seem to match or take advantage of the actual talent on the field and the script of the game. If we don't see some magical progress later this year, I don't know that I would support sticking with him for much longer.

I am not sure how we will see magical progress though honestly...  I've been noticing the same red zone gaffes since the NC State game.  Not to mention the aforementioned inexplicable decisions.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

It's so frustrating how many games we can't manage to put together 2 good halves in a row.  It was like watching 2 different teams yesterday before and after halftime. 

This time, the frustration comes from knowing that we are capable of beating a team like ECU if we don't stop doing the stuff that got us the lead in the first place.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

I always wondered: If Weis is such an excellent offensive mind why didnt Kiffin take him along with him? 

He is a 28 year old kid that played one year of HS football?  If it wasn’t for nepotism he would probably be in IT.  He is an introverted pimple faced kid that is in over his head, time to pull the plug on Junior and send him packing. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

Guys, Weis has gone away from the run game at least twice when we were really effective. But having Marsh back there firing - misfiring his targets was really the culprit. Lesson learned this is Timmys team.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

He is? I don't know, he constantly overthrows receivers all the time. See: SMU.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

He is a 28 year old kid that played one year of HS football?  If it wasn’t for nepotism he would probably be in IT.  He is an introverted pimple faced kid that is in over his head, time to pull the plug on Junior and send him packing. 

You are really letting it rip with the insults today. 😂

14 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

You are really letting it rip with the insults today. 😂

Yep, will tone it down, just a bit disappointed with the state of this program.  Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yeah but...what do you really think of him???             Cant help it sometimes the keys just get ahead of my brain.......................But yes, I get what you are saying. At FAU he had Kiffin by his side. Poss Kiffin and CJS are of 2 diff experience levels. ?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

53 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yep, will tone it down, just a bit disappointed with the state of this program.  Go Bulls!

Your justified. I imagine there are a lot of folks on here that are holding back on expressing their own strong opinion just because we are all supposed to be Rah Rah USF. But, so many years of losing. Watching the Temple game and seeing our team look better in so many facets was great, only to get whacked by ECU. Again..and on National TV. Yes, most knew that Temple wasn't a dynamo this season but we were hopeful "we had made the curve-turn-whatever". I wonder if the announcers get tired of fluffing us with the "work in progress" routine for the past 5-6 years. It is tiring. Even though we ***** and get pissed we should all be considered as great fan's, we have hung in there for years. We've supported and hoped for USF to have a good team again. I'm sure Athletics sometimes hears or reads things from USF folks and thinks how unreasonable we are thing is, many of them haven't been around long enough to know the roller coaster ride we have been on over the years.   Ok done...FriscoB got me going..

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Yeah but...what do you really think of him???             Cant help it sometimes the keys just get ahead of my brain.......................But yes, I get what you are saying. At FAU he had Kiffin by his side. Poss Kiffin and CJS are of 2 diff experience levels. ?

The difference is Kiffin’s dad was a great coach and his son has questionable character but he is also a very good coach. Charlie Weis without Brady is a turd and appears his son is as well.  Brad Scott is garbage and his son is a chip off the old block. If we are going this way, for the love of god go Shannahan and not Ray Perkins or Leeman Bennett, but Holtz didn’t work out either so find somebody young and hungry that has won previously as a HC at a lower level soon or we will be at a level so low that this will not be an option in the near future.

• Upvote 1