• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Freakin White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Doughty was a beast. Had a coup of coffee with Miami and Arizona. He is a Florida kid and I remember all of us wondering why USF never even contacted him (Holtz?). 

The name is vaguely familiar. I had to look that game up because I was pretty certain it wasn't White. He **** sure torched our defense in that game. Sucked losing to a C-USA  team there after having such a strong finish that season.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Leviathan said:

. . .Wasn’t his first start for USF also on Halloween against Houston? I remember he did alright and thinking we should have won that game if not for that offensive PI call at the end. 

Oct 31, 2013 - that is the start of 5 straight losses to Houston

White did have a tremendous game though - 26/41 for 311 and 2 TDs

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The name is vaguely familiar. I had to look that game up because I was pretty certain it wasn't White. He **** sure torched our defense in that game. Sucked losing to a C-USA  team there after having such a strong finish that season.

As I recall we scored a TD but the official said we fumbled out of bounds (?). DJ threw a TD on a HB pass as well. 

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As I recall we scored a TD but the official said we fumbled out of bounds (?). DJ threw a TD on a HB pass as well. 

Yes...forgot about DJ's TD pass.....

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

9 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Oct 31, 2013 - that is the start of 5 straight losses to Houston

White did have a tremendous game though - 26/41 for 311 and 2 TDs

I was at that game and remembered commenting to Mattie Gunz we actually found a QB that could throw a good deep ball. Really don’t remember what happened to his career at USF after that first game - I just remember he didn’t stay too long. Best of luck to him. He was a stud after he left here. Glad to see him having success. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

White wasn't the QB for WKU in that game. It was somebody by the name of Brandon Doughty. He threw for 461 against us. I'm guessing White was a back-up to Doughty.

Youre right my bad, i guess i just remember White’s social media posts afterward, regardless best of luck to him

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We should retire his number (sar). We are so hard up for something to hang out hat on for football we are following Mike White…jeezzz….

That actually made me laugh out loud, he played on two of our worst teams in memory and transferred.  He is probably a good kid but who gives a **** now, I don’t.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Friscobull said:

That actually made me laugh out loud, he played on two of our worst teams in memory and transferred.  He is probably a good kid but who gives a **** now, I don’t.

I only remember one play from him playing here and that was a laser TD in Houston. I remember writing on this board during the game thread “looks like we found our QB.” Probably the most wrong I have ever been since I said “I do” at some ceremony 😂

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I only remember one play from him playing here and that was a laser TD in Houston. I remember writing on this board during the game thread “looks like we found our QB.” Probably the most wrong I have ever been since I said “I do” at some ceremony 😂

He held the ball too long in the pocket, especially if you play for USF.  They played that game at Reliant Stadium, Texans home, was empty and we were down early but came back and made it interesting.  You have 2 good kids, it wasn’t all bad but yeah our judgement at times is very questionable 🤨 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MikeG said:

well for whatever reason during the highlights after the Bucs game, I distinctly heard them mention Mike White as being from University of South Florida - which seems incorrect but it was better than saying UCF or some other stupid thing.

He had two full seasons here, two seasons that I'm sure White would like to forget. Pretty sure he would like to be remembered for what he did at WKU.