• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

44 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I second this. It's SDSU moreso than UConn I'd root against if I were y'all. They're more well rounded. If UConn wins it all yes it's great for them, but does it really change who UConn is? They're a known basketball powerhouse that is the current defending champions. Would add another feather to their cap but doesn't change their football weaknesses that have kept them on the bubble but never quite in over the last few realignment cycles. 

USF will more than make up for UConn on the football side of things. ACC brings in UConn to help keep the basketball schools, UL, Duke, WF, ND, others from leaving. USF brings in a strong football program that finally found themselves and is expected to contend for the CFP spot. ACC will be fine.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

The only hang up for us is if the ACC wants western partnered for Cal/Stanford, then OSU/WSU/SDSU become real threats to us. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, michibull said:

The only hang up for us is if the ACC wants western partnered for Cal/Stanford, then OSU/WSU/SDSU become real threats to us. 

I agree. That's why I feel the more programs the ACC loses the better I like our chances of being added to the ACC.

I am totally fine with being in a conference with the remaining ACC teams, plus a bunch of West Coast teams, plus Tulane, UConn, and Memphis.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

56 minutes ago, Cat941 said:
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

https://footballscoop.com/news/every-fbs-school-ranked-by-how-attractive-theyd-be-in-conference-realignment

69. UCF -- 114.4
70. Wake Forest -- 113.9
71. BYU -- 111.8
72. South Florida -- 104.7
73. SMU -- 102
74. UConn -- 99.8

Even though it's just voodoo math, that's interesting on several levels ....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I find it weird that we would still rank a couple spots below UCF with our market and the stadium being underway.  Unless they get credit for having built one already.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I find it weird that we would still rank a couple spots below UCF with our market and the stadium being underway.  Unless they get credit for having built one already.

I'm surprised we're so close to them ...

image.jpeg.3ae095312faf7271ca3d319ff10c8d93.jpeg

Edited by Triple B
  • Haha 4
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

38 minutes ago, michibull said:

They do that then then pretty much only have one Florida school which would be a set back for other schools to recruit in Florida imo. No reason to think that ACC won’t expand more down the road and add western schools. Right now they need to focus on stability and remaining the 3rd best conference in which USF & UConn accomplishes that imo.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

They do that then then pretty much only have one Florida school which would be a set back for other schools to recruit in Florida imo. No reason to think that ACC won’t expand more down the road and add western schools. Right now they need to focus on stability and remaining the 3rd best conference in which USF & UConn accomplishes that imo.

Depending on how many teams they lose; they can do all of the above; add PAC/Mountain West teams; add AAC teams (including USF),  and add U Conn.

USF, U Conn, Tulane, Memphis, WSU,OSU, Boise State, and San Diego State could all be added at the same time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

31 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Depending on how many teams they lose; they can do all of the above; add PAC/Mountain West teams; add AAC teams (including USF),  and add U Conn.

USF, U Conn, Tulane, Memphis, WSU,OSU, Boise State, and San Diego State could all be added at the same time.

I like those!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, michibull said:

Even if Cal and Stanford stick with the ACC long-term (I have my doubts), that doesn't mean the ACC's other members will vote to add Pacific Northwest schools that nobody else wanted, just because they used to be in an auto-bid conference. I'd anticipate a much more modest move westward with bigger media market impacts (maybe paring SDSU with Cal and Stanford and Tulane with SMU), thereby strategically accommodating Cal, Stanford, and SMU somewhat, and adding USF (to keep two AAU schools in always-booming Florida) and UConn (to ensure the ACC remains a significant BB conference after losing UNC and Virginia) to fill things out on the east coast.

The ACC currently has 17 football schools plus ND. Rumors suggest that the ACC will likely lose 4 football schools (FSU, Clemson, UNC, and Virginia). Seems to me they'll add USF, UConn, and Tulane, and *maybe* SDSU to get back to 17. I think the ACC is likely to remain primarily an east-coast conference, in the same way the B1G will remain primarily a mid-western conference notwithstanding its additions of Oregon, USC, and UCLA. I also think that ND will stick around; they value independence more than any affiliation with the four schools rumored to be leaving.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1