• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  954
  • Days Won:  1

I’m curious to see if the G5 can get 2 teams in one year. I don’t think it can happen, but IF there were an undefeated AAC and MAC team and both got in, it would really reduce the appeal of the P5 conferences. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Bull Awakening said:

Yes lol. I been laughing ever since they made the 12 team playoff become reality. USC & UCLA to Big Ten pretty much eliminates their chances at the playoffs lol. Ditto to Houston, Cincy, UCiF.

Off topic, but I noticed your join date to TBP is the day my daughter was born.  20 soon!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

Off topic, but I noticed your join date to TBP is the day my daughter was born.  20 soon!

Awesome!  Amazing how fast time goes by. Congratulations to you & your daughter’s upcoming milestone 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

6 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Awesome!  Amazing how fast time goes by. Congratulations to you & your daughter’s upcoming milestone 

Yeah, my 60th birthday is the day before hers. Thanks!

EE262006-C1AD-46A5-AE99-2D421EE08E58.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

2 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

Yeah, my 60th birthday is the day before hers. Thanks!

EE262006-C1AD-46A5-AE99-2D421EE08E58.jpeg

Awesome! Hopefully USF can turn things around on the football field soon. Great picture! Go Bulls!!

• Go Bulls! 1

2 hours ago, michibull said:

I’m curious to see if the G5 can get 2 teams in one year. I don’t think it can happen, but IF there were an undefeated AAC and MAC team and both got in, it would really reduce the appeal of the P5 conferences. 

I’m already pretty much looking at how they will be rating the top 6 conferences.  To me, I’m hoping AAC can do well on the playing field to be in that that top 6 conference spot just about every season. Im sure you may have a season like last year in where Cincy got in. So I would think we may see two so called G5 or G6 schools in. At least it is getting better for the have nots 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Hopefully USF can turn things around on the football field soon.

Yeah. None of us are getting any younger. 😅🤘

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, michibull said:

If we retroactively apply it over the 9 years of the CFP era, only once would 2 G5 get in. The 2020 COVID season. 

It definitely could happen again but it'll be rare. Half the time the 2nd highest ranked G5 champ will be unranked, the other half they're barely ranked. In the worst years outside of 2020, the worst of the 5 P5 is low teens in the rankings. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, michibull said:

Doubtful, but you never know.  It was doubtful they would get into the current playoffs and Cincinnati did it last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

It's gonna be very interesting to see how the bottom half of the P5 likes life in the new era. 

At some point as a fan even do you want to see your team finish 3rd and 4th every year in the Big WhoCares while you watch the SunBelt/AAC Champ go to the playoffs? 

The terms P5 and G5 don't technically mean anything. It's the top 6 conference Champs going to the playoff. The monikers will die hard though but that's the reality on the field. Top 6 conference Champs. 

Those with the EASIEST path to the playoffs: blue bloods, and top G5 programs like Memphis, SMU, Boise, I'll add us cause bias... everyone else is in a dogfight in quicksand