• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Good to see some of the big 12 fans starting to realize that they basically don’t want to ACC being raided as that will pretty much mean that the big 12 will get raided by the ACC to help backfill teams….

83A988B1-126C-46B4-8427-7DF88366374E.png

ND means nothing to the ACC in terms of football and I think that’s all that was being said. The B12 is on a level playing field with the ACC and will not lose any teams to the ACC. The only way the B12 adds USF is IF they get raided OR there is a financial incentive ie new contract wanting the Tampa market (which I doubt). USF needs the ACC to lose FSU/Clemson and someone else otherwise we are where we are. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Cat941 said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

The good news for Oregon State and Washington State -- spurned by power conferences -- is that teams have been left behind before. Some, like TCU, eventually...

USF made this "major college football" thing look pretty easy at first. As a startup program under their first coach, Jim Leavitt, the Bulls enjoyed winning seasons in their first four FBS seasons, then joined the Big East in 2005, bowled for six straight years and spent time in the AP top 10 in both 2007 and 2008. But they fell from eight wins to five to three under Leavitt's replacement, Skip Holtz -- like at UConn, things had already fallen apart when South Florida lost its power-conference designation -- and their years in the AAC have been a roller coaster: a combined 6-18 in 2013-14, then 21-4 in 2016-17, then 4-29 in 2020-22.

The Bulls were too putrid to earn a look from the Big 12 in the early 2020s, even as it was pilfering conference rival UCF. They could be on their way to another high under Alex Golesh -- he's one of the sport's more intriguing young coaches -- and the Tampa-St. Petersburg market might be intriguing enough to make them candidates for future expansion of a Big 12 or ACC if they can both get and keep their act together. But for now, it seems like the AAC is about the right weight class.

What’s our overall record in the AAC that we are touting?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

39 minutes ago, michibull said:

USF needs the ACC to lose FSU/Clemson and someone else otherwise we are where we are. 

Noted I See GIF by Downton Abbey

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

52 minutes ago, michibull said:

ND means nothing to the ACC in terms of football and I think that’s all that was being said. The B12 is on a level playing field with the ACC and will not lose any teams to the ACC. The only way the B12 adds USF is IF they get raided OR there is a financial incentive ie new contract wanting the Tampa market (which I doubt). USF needs the ACC to lose FSU/Clemson and someone else otherwise we are where we are. 

But ND does want ACC to survive if it wants to stay independent and keep all sports in ACC. It’s no surprise that the ACC added Cal, Stanford and SMU, three schools that ND would be comfortable with. Could ND make a similar deal with Big12? Probably but ND has always wanted to stay on a league with NorthEast presence were a lot of Catholics are in. 
I agree that USF to ACC is a no go until FSU exits. And I think is only a matter of time before FSU and Clemson exit the league.

The next and bigger question is can the ACC keep their deal so no one bails to Big12. If they can manage that they will survive and become more of a league with more of an academic style league. Watch Utah, wouldn’t be surprised if the ACC can pull them from Big12 in future.

The Big12 people feel secure that they will be doing the raiding, I’m not so sure of that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

But ND does want ACC to survive if it wants to stay independent and keep all sports in ACC. It’s no surprise that the ACC added Cal, Stanford and SMU, three schools that ND would be comfortable with. Could ND make a similar deal with Big12? Probably but ND has always wanted to stay on a league with NorthEast presence were a lot of Catholics are in. 
I agree that USF to ACC is a no go until FSU exits. And I think is only a matter of time before FSU and Clemson exit the league.

The next and bigger question is can the ACC keep their deal so no one bails to Big12. If they can manage that they will survive and become more of a league with more of an academic style league. Watch Utah, wouldn’t be surprised if the ACC can pull them from Big12 in future.

The Big12 people feel secure that they will be doing the raiding, I’m not so sure of that.

B1G or bust

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Agree, and also, if the Big 12 can't pull any ACC teams, I think we are in play for them as well. I think having a travel partner for C makes sense, and Florida is a huge market, and us plus C can put a dent in it. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Gotta love it. UCFer trolls with something that we know little to nothing about ... only coming from one source right now ... and the gloom and doomers take the bait and run.

The guy that reported on it was interviewed here.  He mentions there's already a sponsor of the poll retained, so it's likely a reality.

Edited by StDee

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

57 minutes ago, StDee said:

The guy that reported on it was interviewed here.  He mentions there's already a sponsor of the poll retained, so it's likely a reality.

Sponsor ….. like the Poulan Weedeater G5 Poll?
It very well could become a reality but should probably wait until we see what it’s actually all about before passing judgment….. but hey, thanks for bringing it to our attention. Kinda weird, though, how some of you guys are still so interested in us. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777

"I'd watch it. If you're telling me there's a GROUP OF FIVE number two team versus a number nine team, on a Wednesday or Thursday, night - AND WE'RE NOT PLAYING, I would watch that for sure".

OK, so it's the caveat of a ranking that makes you want to watch, as opposed to just removing and airing the game. Is there a difference between Number Two Boise State versus Number Nine Miami Ohio playing as opposed to Boise State vs. Miami Ohio? I dunno. 

This smells like preemptive posturing for the ultimate endgame of B1GSEC and all-o-y'all. The struggle for relevance. He keeps saying there's some good football amongst those sixty-odd teams. Which is true. But are we finally reaching a point where we need to cement the existence of the also-rans (if that offends you, what phrase should I use).  Maintain relevance, even if you're not gonna sit at the grownup's table. Is there a time to just accept it? 

Hey we're ranked number one!

Yeah, but which tier? Tier Grande or Tier OhYeah.

The have-nots are going to struggle going forward. 

"Have a seat at some table"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Sponsor ….. like the Poulan Weedeater G5 Poll?
It very well could become a reality but should probably wait until we see what it’s actually all about before passing judgment….. but hey, thanks for bringing it to our attention. Kinda weird, though, how some of you guys are still so interested in us. 

Oh that is easy to explain. It is because they are obsessed with USF. Plain & simple. UCiF is that annoying POS that you just can’t seem to get rid of with a flush.