• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

WWW.SI.COM

https://www.si.com/college/stanford/football/cfb-insider-reveals-more-conference-realignment-is-on-the-way-for-two-cfb-powers  

While the assumption is Florida State will get out first, and programs like Miami, North Carolina, and Clemson will follow suit, there are still questions surrounding what would happen to the Big 12 and remaining ACC members. Do they combine to form what would end up being a Power 3 conference? Or, do the Big Ten and SEC absorb the rest of the teams that they want and just form to beyond-mega conferences with 30+ teams each. There is also a possibility that teams that aren't picked up by the Big Ten and SEC are left to die, which would force the ACC to expand (possible targets), merge with the Big 12, or lose their role in Power football.

image.png

The remaining ACC Big 12 members merging would be our worst case scenario. Don't think it would happen though since if the ACC implodes, The Big 12 will have a leg up since it has more teams, and wouldn't want teams like Boston College, CAL, SMU, Syracuse, and Wake Forrest. Pitt, North Carolina State, and Louisville I can see. It will all depend as to how many teams the ACC loses; it cant be a mass exodus for them .However, I do believe the ACC is likely to remain in some form, and I think they will look at USF, Tulane, Memphis, Boise State, and San Diego State to replenish.

The part where they believe that Miami will be a main target is great for us since I assume the ACC will want a Florida team.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

The remaining ACC Big 12 members merging would be our worst case scenario. Don't think it would happen though since if the ACC implodes, The Big 12 will have a leg up since it has more teams, and wouldn't want teams like Boston College, CAL, SMU, Syracuse, and Wake Forrest. Pitt, North Carolina State, and Louisville I can see. It will all depend as to how many teams the ACC loses; it cant be a mass exodus for them .However, I do believe the ACC is likely to remain in some form, and I think they will look at USF, Tulane, Memphis, Boise State, and San Diego State to replenish.

The part where they believe that Miami will be a main target is great for us since I assume the ACC will want a Florida team.

All these mid\low tier P5 teams should be freaking out right now. They are about to become the have nots.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

All these mid\low tier P5 teams should be freaking out right now. They are about to become the have nots.

Yep. Greed, conference greed, and NIL deals have been killing college football at an exponential pace. I cant wait for all of it to fall apart and college players that take money have to pay for everything out of pocket or you can be a student athlete and get everything paid for.  They need to make it that players that take money have to pay for every expense from the college from tuition, books, food, training,  equiptment acess, personal training sessions, coaching, housing, and athletic gear. Then once they see if you are not at the top of the NIL earning you will be losing money and it will all stop. If the NFL wants an amateur league  minor league then they need to build it and fund it themselves. Fans and boosters should not be paying the players through NIL. TV networks and NCAA should be playing all players a stipend based on the money they generate.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I kind of like this guy's thinking.  It's a long one but a good listen.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

13 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I generally agree with this, except: we are about as likely to join the SEC as Boise State is to join the ACC. Even a watered-down, post-apocalypse version of the ACC that expands west. Memphis is also very unlikely to ever join the ACC.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, 2000bull said:

so is the invite coming once we hit 4,000 pages on this thread? 

I was thinking about that.  This thread will never die as long as conference realignment is in progress. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

"Soon" can mean a lot of different timelines. One month? One year? Never?

I'm going to go with "soon" = 2024 and USF will be invited this fall to join the ACC in 2026. 🤘

I generally agree with you, that’s the timeline I see happening. I would only add that I think the ACC is in panic mode right now; they are trying to figure out how to keep their big fish and get a new TV deal/contract/GoR before they can think about expansion. They need to know who is leaving and when. IF they can get by with only losing 4-5 members, they will be in good shape to add USF, Tulane, Memphis, UCONN or whoever. The B12 are not in a hurry to add USF, because if the ACC explodes, they would get who they want from the leftovers of the B10 and SEC. It’s very much a waiting game until FSU settles with the ACC. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

ACC invite happens only after they 100% know they are losing members. 

Big 12 invite happens only after they 100% know they won't have the power to raid ACC teams. 

Big 10 invite only happens after they conclude they only want AAUs and either decide we are better at a discount than Miami at full price, or Miami can't get out of the ACC. (or they decide they want to Florida AAUs)

SEC invite only happens after Big 10 takes both Miami and FSU and they decide they need 1 more FL school to still claim the state as SEC country. 

I am not saying any of these 4 scenarios happens, but something has to happen first in all of them. (and that thing we may never know that it happened, as it may happen privately and never come out).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, MMW said:

I was thinking about that.  This thread will never die 

That's better