• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

13 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Finebaum is a clown.

image.jpeg.5d59107d161011aff4e2fdb79a710a28.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

So, what I take away from this, is that out of the three hot chicks, FSU is the ugliest hot chick? They are still part of the ‘most desired’ group.

But still in a dating profile that one should not stand with the other two unless going with a catfishing approach. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Texas is joining.

why wouldn't south carolina want to keep clemson out?

Plenty of quality left even if the top few leave.

Idiot Facepalm GIF

honestly forgot about the ok/Tex deal. The SEC still has a bunch of snowflakes that don’t like sharing markets in state. From a purely ACC standpoint, I guess I did overlook Clemson. But I still think FSU is as good an option as Clemson. I don’t think the SEC would look at Miami, and I think there are few other options for them in that conference. I think the expansion list looks something like this:

FSU, Clemson, UNC top tier

GA Tech, NC ST, Va, Va tech, Louisville

Wake F, Miami, Maryland, Duke (interchangeable with NC St)

BC, Cuse, ND, Pitt

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

The SEC still has a bunch of snowflakes that don’t like sharing markets in state.

It's not enough to have 100 bazillion dollars, you have to also keep it away from others in your state so you can cite tradition, etc. for the reasons why you win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It's not enough to have 100 bazillion dollars, you have to also keep it away from others in your state so you can cite tradition, etc. for the reasons why you win.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

52 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

spacer.png

I can’t tell because of the grainy image, but is that Randy Quaid?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

Not sure about that.  I wonder if the top teams can stay at the top with the NIL and conference realignment ramifications that we're seeing.  Are we seeing an increase in parity in CFB as evidenced by Bama and Clemson suffering losses?  Look at Colorado moving up the rankings after two nice wins.  But it's only two.  However this shakes out, I'm glad USF is building the OCS now.  If we're left behind in a larger group of CFB teams, I'll enjoy the games in our home versus a huge NFL stadium.  

Just think big 18 and sec will break off. they will take all the lower programs that add value.

eventually the schools will have to pay players. of course there will be more parity just like free agency did for NFL.

Colorado has only played two games though. Nebraska is terrible and tcu returned only 10 starters but it will be easier for programs to turn things around. look at tcu last year as an example.

clemson refuses to use portal. it will kill them.

personally I'd be ok if the top tier breaks away and we are left with all of the big 16 and most of acc. then we could become more like traditional college football. let them become minor league for NFL.

• Like 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

personally, I'd be ok if the top tier breaks away and we are left with all of the big 16 and most of acc. then we could become more like traditional college football. let them become minor league for NFL.

And how do I get off this Title IX hook if I split from the NCAA to become a football-unto-itself entity? Safe to assume that our new, non-P(x) status means we are exempt from such things, correct?  Is it the steerage class that will now be picking up the Title IX responsibilities? :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

And how do I get off this Title IX hook if I split from the NCAA to become a football-unto-itself entity? Safe to assume that our new, non-P(x) status means we are exempt from such things, correct?  Is it the steerage class that will now be picking up the Title IX responsibilities? :stirpot:

not sure what title ix has to do with splitting off football.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Idiot Facepalm GIF

honestly forgot about the ok/Tex deal. The SEC still has a bunch of snowflakes that don’t like sharing markets in state. From a purely ACC standpoint, I guess I did overlook Clemson. But I still think FSU is as good an option as Clemson. I don’t think the SEC would look at Miami, and I think there are few other options for them in that conference. I think the expansion list looks something like this:

FSU, Clemson, UNC top tier

GA Tech, NC ST, Va, Va tech, Louisville

Wake F, Miami, Maryland, Duke (interchangeable with NC St)

BC, Cuse, ND, Pitt

FSU, Clemson, UNC will find a home. I expect it sooner then later since there will be race between Big 10 and SEC as to whom strikes first.

I the see the Big 12 then going after Louisville,  Georgia Tech, and Miami.

We then end up in the ACC with Tulane, and Memphis. Still would be a nice ACC with Virginia Tech, Pitt, and NC ST

All this is just mindless speculation on my part.