• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Our only hope is to get invited to the Big12 or ACC one day. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

Has Appalachian State expressed interest in leaving the Sun Belt? The reason I ask is it looks like the Sun Belt is pretty happy with their regional configuration. Some of that 'big fish small pond' sort of thinking might be beneficial. 😎

Edited by WoolyBully

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Has Appalachian State expressed interest in leaving the Sun Belt? The reason I ask is it looks like the Sun Belt is pretty happy with their regional configuration. Some of that 'big fish small pond' sort of thinking might be beneficial. 😎

AAC gets 7 times the amount as the Sun Belt. If Sun Belt teams wont come to the AAC then Aresco needs to be fired immediately.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Does the AAC even add to replace SMU?

I would prefer The American to stay as is.  Let the dust settle after a few years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

8 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

I would prefer The American to stay as is.  Let the dust settle after a few years.

I'd prefer the American dissolve and let us all go our separate ways.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

19 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

AAC gets 7 times the amount as the Sun Belt. If Sun Belt teams wont come to the AAC then Aresco needs to be fired immediately.

I always thought it strange that we only added Conference USA teams. These adds seemed lazy, panicky, and desperate to me.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, belgianbull said:

I always thought it strange that we only added Conference USA teams. These adds seemed lazy and desperate to me.

It is what it is.  Let's beat them and turn gameday into a party again.  

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

Just now, belgianbull said:

I always thought it strange that we only added Conference USA teams. These adds seemed lazy and desperate to me.

The daily stampede/Bay area examiner people seem to think they did not want any part of the AAC. Hard to believe they turned down 7 mil.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,401
  • Days Won:  10

Just win.  Get ranked at the end of the season and it will work itself out.  There is so much noise right now that it is easy to lose focus on the goal which is to win as consistently as possible.  The rest is just noise.

I also believe that we fans need to be realistic in our expectations of the team and the admin.  Some people have been assuming  that since we are not now in a P conference that our admin forgot to try and do their job or they just stink at it.  This line of thinking is predicated on the proposition that USF is so valued and desired that Kelly need just let the football world know that we are available and we will have to fight off the offers.  Reality - Not everyone outside of our fanbase has such an inflated opinion of our program.  I know, I know - AAU, TV market, Florida address, yadda yadda.  We have no ***** wins!  We don't deserve a seat at the table...yet.  We're getting ready to go into debt for a project that I hope like Hell that we will be able to pay for.  And it turned out to not be our ticket into a P conference.  Perhaps an OCS was not keeping us out after all.  Maybe it is our record and institutional history with this program.  While the bells and whistles are nice, they are liabilities financially without the wins.

I suggest that we tune out the noise and accept that right now, we are not very marketable and that is why we missed out.  That changes tomorrow.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

strange that we only added Conference USA teams

Well, what if - just throwing it out there - App State and friends were not interested in joining the AAC, for some reason or other. Hmmmm...🤨