• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Let’s say both the big ten & SEC take teams from big 12 & ACC and then ACC is looking to backfill with a few Florida schools. Do you still prefer the big 12 over ACC?? I see the ACC coming out as 3rd best conference 

I'd take a depleted acc over any big 12. I don't want to be associated with ucf ever again. It's a big reason we are in the place we are now. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I was so pumped for that season.  After all, we had the best transfer class in the nation.  😞

Yeah I got hyped basically from reading all the other USF fans hype leading up the BYU game lol.  Now I’m just going to expect the worst & hope for the best. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

I'd take a depleted acc over any big 12. I don't want to be associated with ucf ever again. It's a big reason we are in the place we are now. 

UCF is not the reason that we are where we are. It all comes down to our AD and coaching hires. That and  having waited to long to built an OCS. If we did what Cincy, SMU, Houston, and UCF have done in the last decade I have zero doubt that we would be in the Big 12 right now.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

UCF is not the reason that we are where we are. It all comes down to our AD and coaching hires. That and  having waited to long to built an OCS. If we did what Cincy, SMU, Houston, and UCF have done in the last decade I have zero doubt that we would be in the Big 12 right now.

The ocs is not a guarantee or necessary for p5 football. There are p5 teams without an ocs and even have  national championships . The ocs is a long term strategy that tried to get more fans in the stands. It does not determine if your team can win enough, beat top 25 teams, and win championships  to get called up to p5.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Some fans are more comfortable with complacency then with accountability.  More comfortable with a feeling of victimhood than a feeling of failure.  Some want to beat Alabama ten out of ten times (naively) while others have accepted, warmly, their lot in life as a fan of a middling mid-major that tries.  Fans can be status quo embracers, nothing wrong with that for them.  Others expect more and find it difficult to embrace the current status of the program.  Failure feels different to different people and people react differently to it.  It's okay.  We're all types.

Perfect answer ↓ to this post ↑ 

17 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I know this wasn't directed at me personally but I would argue some of us don't fall within those parameters either. I will skip over my bemusement of the abject failure of the program and contempt for those running the show the last few years since we have moved forward with a replacement at the helm.  The other issue, being left out of realignment, I can be unhappy about what is going on but find it hard to rationalize that USF could have done anything to beat out the schools which got the callup, with one exception.  For the sake of decency I will not mention that one university. In being angry about not being in place of the one exception, we should realize there really is no contesting the fact that we have made multiple errors beginning in 2010 which snowballed into what we have now.  Any choices made in the future of the program should only be made with USF, USF alumni, and USF fans interest and not be made to please the local media (whose influence is depreciating much to my joy).

But what has happened has happened, can't change it. Can't ignore it, but dwelling on it won't change it one iota.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

The ocs is not a guarantee or necessary for p5 football. There are p5 teams without an ocs and even have  national championships . The ocs is a long term strategy that tried to get more fans in the stands. It does not determine if your team can win enough, beat top 25 teams, and win championships  to get called up to p5.

I think most people agree that waiting to long to build the OCS was another one of the mistakes made by USF. I believe that @belgianbullplainly wrote that "It all comes down to our AD and coaching hires." I would also add that every one from the prez to the BoT are equally responsible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The ocs is not a guarantee or necessary for p5 football. 

No, it's not a guarantee, but it certainly helps.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

52 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I can’t think of a worse way to open up the season than last year against BYU. Seems like the weather was trying to warn us all lol 

I can think of a worse way to open up a season.

image.thumb.png.224140734ab242325f8b3de80f1bc7ed.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly!! I’m not going to be all doom & gloom over our situation. It is not life or death. It is sports. So yes the AAU & OCS are more valuable to me as a USF fan than the power whatever they call themselves now club…

Sounds like you are hedging now that your ACC prediction fell flat.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Realignment fatigue is setting in….hoping something happens soon…anything…just want to know.

• Crying 1