• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

They have done interesting things for MLB and MLS.  Some good, some bad.  But they are not afraid to experiment.

It's the future. Might as well be on the leading edge.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

On field? None. To be fair the guy does seem to be able to raise money, which is exactly how I read his resume…a bureaucrat, politician type. But that doesn’t make up for the on-the-field disasters that he’s presided over. Im envisioning a Jeff Scott situation where he’s terminated by USF and doesn’t sniff another AD gig from a reputable school.

Jeff Scott just got fired….I think it’s a little early to say he will never sniff another HC gig ever again. 😂 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578

22 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Looking like worst case scenario for us is about to happen. Pac folds altogether with the two valuable schools to the acc. The remaining 2 probably recreate the pac as a best of the mwc to keep the branding. Smu joins acc. Acc gets more stable. Zero landing spots for us for the next 10+ years. 

Seriously time to consider my proposal to shut the program down and focus on Olympics

I don't think they'd accept it regardless but we should absolutely be offering to play the acc for free for at least as long as smu is willing to. 

Now it seems like our two landing spots would be as a partner for UCF in B12, or a backfill piece if both FSU/UM leave the ACC.

We have a good couple years in the AAC, let’s rebuild and win. Can’t be upset over things we cannot control. So let’s enjoy what we have.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Now it seems like our two landing spots would be as a partner for UCF in B12, or a backfill piece if both FSU/UM leave the ACC.

We have a good couple years in the AAC, let’s rebuild and win. Can’t be upset over things we cannot control. So let’s enjoy what we have.

I think Big 12 has become extremely unlikely. A third option that I would add is PAC/AAC/Mountain West merger which would be as close to a Power 5 conference that we can possibly hope for. For that to happen USF has to be willing to leave the AAC and take some amount of risk

USF, Tulane, SMU, Memphis, ECU, UAB, Navy, Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Air force, Colorado State, WSU,OSU

That's 14 teams. If possible Cal and Stanford and go to 16, and if not those 2 add 2 off  Appalachian State, Temple, Army and UTSA

No sense in us playing teams like North Texas, Charlotte, Rice, and Tulsa if we can play teams like Boise and San Diego State

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

No sense in us playing teams like North Texas, Charlotte, Rice, and Tulsa if we can play teams like Boise and San Diego State

Well, we're 3-3 with Tulsa, 1-0 with North Texas, never played Rice or Charlotte. We are, however 0-1 against SDSU and never played BSU. 

I wonder how the folks at at SDSU & Boise feel about playing South Florida? 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

VP Michael Kelly is so inept. When he was hired, all I heard about was all of his great connections and how that would get us into a Top Conference.

Now it appears that once again, USF will be left without a chair when the music stops. We will be stuck in the pathetic AAC conference.

What a joke we are!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

13 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, we're 3-3 with Tulsa, 1-0 with North Texas, never played Rice or Charlotte. We are, however 0-1 against SDSU and never played BSU. 

2025 and 2027 ... could be conference games.  HA!

image.thumb.png.32645eaf30f6e9f4cdeaf5f388ffbcd6.png

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Most people remember that if you take out the last 4 years that we have been a solid team in the last 20 years. A team that was once in a power 5 conference, consistently beat elite teams, was consistently ranked, and had solid attendance numbers. A team who is building an OCS and has enormous growth potential.

I think Boise State would rather play us then Utah State or Wyoming

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  1

40 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I think Big 12 has become extremely unlikely. A third option that I would add is PAC/AAC/Mountain West merger which would be as close to a Power 5 conference that we can possibly hope for. For that to happen USF has to be willing to leave the AAC and take some amount of risk

USF, Tulane, SMU, Memphis, ECU, UAB, Navy, Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Air force, Colorado State, WSU,OSU

That's 14 teams. If possible Cal and Stanford and go to 16, and if not those 2 add 2 off  Appalachian State, Temple, Army and UTSA

I would be good with this as a consolation/worst case. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bullwinkle said:

This is why I say joining the BigEast was the worst thing to happen to USF. It interrupted the natural growth cycle of the program. It set unrealistic expectations for such a young program. Apathy has set in with the fan base and nothing but a Power conference is good enough. Solid programs takes many decades, some a century to build. We tried to make it happen in 10 years. Make the best of whatever situation you are in and good things will happen.

image.gif.65ab0db50de6b0668e13cf491721019b.gif .... although one good thing the BE did was was make us upgrade our non-football on campus facilities but other than that, couldn't agree more the post. Additionally, I think those 6 awesome weeks in 2007 added fuel to the fire to the sense of entitlement for a lot of fans. The problem was not building off that month and a half ... and for God's sake this is not a complete indictment of CJL. What he did was miraculous under the circumstances but maybe we would have been better served having him make us a major force in CUSA . Probably still wouldn't have made the early 2010's realignment but may have been set up better for later ones ...... who knows