• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Would you feel the same about beating UF if you were in their conference and went 1-8 most every year?

I get the one big game argument. most of our most memorable games were one off wins.

That WVU top 5 win at home was one of the best though and they were in the lowly big east at the time.

Yes if every year we beat some real teams I would prefer that over winning any amount of games where we are. The math is pretty simple losing to a unknown team = -1, beating an unknown team = 0, losing to a known team = 0 and winning against a known team = +1. The best we can hope for here is to not feel bad but there is no opportunity to ever feel good.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What you are missing is that staying the way it was is not an option, because if you do not leave someone else is going to. Their options were to leave or end up like us and trust me even if we were winning here that is not a very hard decision. If we stay here even after another round of call ups we could win every game against what is left and our stadium we plan on building will never average being more than half full, if we won a few games a year in the B1G or SEC our stadium would need 20k more seats. 

People want to be a part of the excitement, they want to be a part of an event, they want to be a part of the greater conversation and they want to see David beat Goliath. There is no noise to be made in the AAC because there is no one there to see it. The AAC has made us the invisible man and the only way to win the conference is to get out of it. 

I get that if called you have to go but I would rather have UCFs last 10 years over WVUs last 10.

I bet WVU fans would too.

Like Trip said moving up will not be some magical cure all that catapults us to some great success.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes if every year we beat some real teams I would prefer that over winning any amount of games where we are. The math is pretty simple losing to a unknown team = -1, beating an unknown team = 0, losing to a known team = 0 and winning against a known team = +1. The best we can hope for here is to not feel bad but there is no opportunity to ever feel good.  

I’d gladly go 1-11 again if that 1 win was Alabama 😁

• Haha 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So according to your math ucif was #6 in the Country with a +1 record in 2017

The Knights were host to conference foes UConn, East Carolina, Memphis, and South Florida and away at Cincinnati, Navy, SMU, and Temple.The Knights also hosted one of their two non-conference opponents, FIU from Conference USA, and traveled to a name 4-8 Maryland team.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I get that if called you have to go but I would rather have UCFs last 10 years over WVUs last 10.

Like Trip said moving up will not be some magical cure all that catapults us to some great success.

UCF's seasons matter because they got to beat real teams and beat the garbage that was their conference, take away the real wins and no one is envious about what they did because no one even knows that it happened. Now make the conference even worse and even if there was an odd person that actually cared about G5 success they probably care a lot loss. x = wins y = quality opponents 0x12 and 12x0 still lead to the same result and that is something no fanbase wants, they just think they miss those wins because they are still multiplying it by their schedule and if they magically had a wand to wave to leave their quality opponents to hope for more wins no one is actually going to do it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

FAS = Football Awesome Subdivision

FAS = Football Autonomous Subdivision

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I agree, it will not fix things.  We have internal work to do for a couple of years.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Maybe this crap all dies when espn dies.  Unless by then they have already permanently ruined the sport.

Sadly I don't think it will. ESPN is already dying via slow bleed out. The other networks have been far too willing to step up and give ridiculous contracts to the B1G and level off the Big 12. I'll be interested to see what the next round of contracts looks like. SEC is all in on ESPN, but they're piggy bank is going to have a lot less weight behind it the next time around. And the B1G opens up in a handful of years, what's the streaming vs. cable debate going to look like at that point? How reliant will the B1G have to be on streaming as a primary/secondary/tertiary option? I'm interested in seeing if there is as much money available in the next round of TV contracts

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

UCF's seasons matter because they got to beat real teams and beat the garbage that was their conference, take away the real wins and no one is envious about what they did because no one even knows that it happened. Now make the conference even worse and even if there was an odd person that actually cared about G5 success they probably care a lot loss. x = wins y = quality opponents 0x12 and 12x0 still lead to the same result and that is something no fanbase wants, they just think they miss those wins because they are still multiplying it by their schedule and if they magically had a wand to wave to leave their quality opponents to hope for more wins no one is actually going to do it.

UCF doesn't get those real BCS wins without winning their lower level conference.

If they were in the SEC/ Big 10 they likely don't make a bowl game unless they load their OOC with cupcakes.

most likely go 3-4 or 2-5 in conference and nobody ever thinks twice about them finishing around .500.

Just like TCU this past year. Win the 5th best conference in convincing fashion and make the playoffs. If they were in SEC/Big 10 they are middle of the road and play in the weedeater bowl.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Brett McTurdphy just tweeted

Big Ten just trying to figure out financials at this point on Oregon & Washington, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ. “There is no more research or information needed on Oregon & Washington,” B1G sources said. “We have everything we need.”