• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

The reports that FSU is willing to structure a buyout of huge ACC GOR to get stupid money from other conferences leaves me SMH.  Reminds me of the refinance deals prior to 2007.

b91ab-16908215466097-1920.jpg
WWW.SPORTSKEEDA.COM

Florida State's attempt to exit the Atlantic Coast Conference is reportedly gaining momentum.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

The pac Apple TV deal seems really dumb 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

14 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

The pac Apple TV deal seems really dumb 

Might seem dumb now, but it's likely the future for the conferences that don't get network TV privileges. Local channels like Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC will still pull ratings because digital antennas ensure that cord cutters can still seem them, but cable subscriptions are dwindling and the carriage fees that have held up ESPN for so long are going with them. Eventually media rights deals will be based on ACTUAL viewership, not just the number of cable boxes in your market.

Edited by GoBulls84
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I'd bet if you asked the average WVU fan or most of the other former Big East teams if they'd rather be where they are now with the mediocre results and increased revenues or where they were when they were top 10 playing in huge games, they would pick the old Big East days in a heart beat.

You are spot on with this! The smaller 10-12 team conferences with a playoff would create more opportunities for MOST schools rather than a the FEW power schools getting most of the opportunities; it’s a microcosm of economics (support small businesses). We are the consumers and we have empowered these moves by continuing to watch and buy into it (by us, I mean America). There’s nothing wrong with power teams, as long as it doesn’t turn into a monopoly, which is what’s happening. It would have been much better if the Big East stayed together, I don’t think you would have this huge conference expansion situation we have now. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

34 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

The reports that FSU is willing to structure a buyout of huge ACC GOR to get stupid money from other conferences leaves me SMH.  Reminds me of the refinance deals prior to 2007.

WWW.SPORTSKEEDA.COM

Florida State's attempt to exit the Atlantic Coast Conference is reportedly gaining momentum.

insane. they will be paying almost as much to leave a conference that we will be paying for a stadium.

Oh and their payouts after subtracting $30m each year won't be much different than what they are currently getting. they go to the SEC (especially the west) and they are nothing more than a middle of the road program having to compete on much lower revenues.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

insane. they will be paying almost as much to leave a conference that we will be paying for a stadium.

Oh and their payouts after subtracting $30m each year won't be much different than what they are currently getting. they go to the SEC (especially the west) and they are nothing more than a middle of the road program having to compete on much lower revenues.

I'm still not convinced they have an actual way out. This feels like a bluff. We'll see come August 15 but they seem full of hot air and just want to make noise.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

6 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I'm still not convinced they have an actual way out. This feels like a bluff. We'll see come August 15 but they seem full of hot air and just want to make noise.

I'm thinking the same thing.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,003
  • Days Won:  2

44 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

WWW.SPORTSKEEDA.COM

This is our moment.  FSU exits and USF fills the slot in the ACC.  Too much smoke about FSU leaving and I can't imagine that unequal distributions can be arranged and would suffice to keep them.  When does the B12 GOR start?  It would stink if UCF was somehow brought into the ACC instead of us.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

yeah I'm sure it's just them putting it out there that they are willing to pay the exit fees so their fans and Big 10/SEC know they are doing everything they can to move up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

47 minutes ago, John Lewis said:
54 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I'm thinking the same thing.

Most of my FSU comrades seem to think this is going to happen but won't happen this year.  As you say, we will see when the smoke clears.