• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

We saw under Taggart and Strong when we were both competitive; how exciting a UCF-USF match up could be.

Playing Russian roulette is pretty exciting also but I'd rather not put myself through that ....

• Haha 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Triple B said:

Playing Russian roulette is pretty exciting also but I'd rather not put myself through that ....

Oh come on Trip, live a little

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, GoBulls84 said:

I've lived enough, especially almost 20 years of putting up with those douchebags on this board. I'd like to have a peaceful remainder ......... but if the B12 turns out to be our only option, I'll put up with it a while longer.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I certainly understand that view point; but fan excitement, engagement ( even on this board), and attendance for our UCF match ups prove that it is different from lets say a Tulsa or Temple match up, and that its a money maker. 

We saw under Taggart and Strong when we were both competitive; how exciting a UCF-USF match up could be.

I had family members who have no stake in the USF/UCF game and loved it that one where the game went back and forth. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Exactly lol. USF needs to focus on moving forward not get caught up into another War On I4 Trap. If UCiF finds a way to get into the ACC then I guess USF should be already there and ready to go. As it looks right now the ACC will probably take both USF & Uconn if they lose FSU & Clemson. Maybe the Big Ten comes calling and scoops USF & Miami up but that is a BIG IF…

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

5 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

5 chances to win!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

26 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

how exciting a UCF-USF match up could be.

Nothing rings small time like a USF-UCF matchup.  Granted, they've improved and we haven't.  They have a right to argue that.  Nobody cared when we were kicking their MAC ass all over the place.   They wanted to hitch to our wagon back then.  

I'd like to see USF focusing on inroads to Miami.  It was working for a bit.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Nothing rings small time like a USF-UCF matchup.  Granted, they've improved and we haven't.  They have a right to argue that.  Nobody cared when we were kicking their MAC ass all over the place.   They wanted to hitch to our wagon back then.  

Well I guess FAU is close enough to Miami; at least distance wise. If both teams ( UCF and USF) are ranked, and a conference championship is on the line, its not small time in my opinion.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  411
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

There's gonna have to be a lot that happens for that to even become remotely possible. They have a 5-1 lead over y'all and view both of our programs as small time so I don't think much inroads were made. 

However much better than us that USF felt after whooping us 4 years in a row, multiply that by 20 for how the Big 3 feel about either U_F school. A couple of UCF fans also suggested we focus on becoming rivals with either UF or Miami but there's like 50 plus years of catch up that's needed. And even then their fans won't care.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

You may not remember, but the Legislature (led by some UCF grads and Orlando-area friends, spurred on by Mike Bianchi) basically told Judy Genshaft to stop blocking UCF "or else".  Before that it may not have been "officially blocking" but our Big East peers would defer to USF leadership.

Ain't karma a biotch...