• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

SDSU wants to see some real numbers. 

YARN | The problem is choice. | The Matrix Reloaded (2003) | Video clips by  quotes | da56d110 | 紗

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

Big 12 opens "discussions" with media partners.

A guy named Michael's comment at the bottom of this article was pretty well thought out. Here is one part of his comment that stood out for me: 

"One note on the BIG 10 and SEC monopolizing the playoff. ESPN's Burke Mangus spoke on that. He made it clear ESPN had no interest in that. It would just cut out a significant portion of the country's interest in college football. That doesn't make sense, for anybody.

He also made it clear ESPN has no interest in the ACC blowing up. They are heavily invested and need to make the ACC work. That tells me they'll renegotiate if required to keep it together. He also mentioned there was no team from the ACC that would increase revenue for the SEC schools (the future 16-team league). Any additions would be dilutive financially. Found it very interesting he would publicly say that. Seems like a message to the SEC to protect ESPN's ACC investment.

If the networks really are a big driver in all of this, his statements left me feeling pretty good about ending up with at least 4 power conferences after this round of realignment."

Not sure how this might affect USF's chances of getting into another conference though. Fingers have to stay crossed I suppose. 🤞🤘

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Surprised nobody has posted this yet:

Seems to me like the Big 12 trying to either A) lock in who they have before Pac-__ possibly comes looking for schools, or B) finding out what different expansion options will net them in the new deal

To me this says that the BigTen is not expanding for now and thus the Big12 needs to get a number figure to show its members at the same time as the PAC. If the BT was taking more PAC members then the Four corners PAC schools would be heading for Big12 regardless because no way a PAC raided of more schools would match Big12

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

A guy named Michael's comment at the bottom of this article was pretty well thought out. Here is one part of his comment that stood out for me: 

"One note on the BIG 10 and SEC monopolizing the playoff. ESPN's Burke Mangus spoke on that. He made it clear ESPN had no interest in that. It would just cut out a significant portion of the country's interest in college football. That doesn't make sense, for anybody.

He also made it clear ESPN has no interest in the ACC blowing up. They are heavily invested and need to make the ACC work. That tells me they'll renegotiate if required to keep it together. He also mentioned there was no team from the ACC that would increase revenue for the SEC schools (the future 16-team league). Any additions would be dilutive financially. Found it very interesting he would publicly say that. Seems like a message to the SEC to protect ESPN's ACC investment.

If the networks really are a big driver in all of this, his statements left me feeling pretty good about ending up with at least 4 power conferences after this round of realignment."

Not sure how this might affect USF's chances of getting into another conference though. Fingers have to stay crossed I suppose. 🤞🤘

Thanks for sharing.  I would have assumed ESECPN's dream playoff would have 4 SEC teams. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

ESECPN's dream playoff would have 4 SEC teams. 

It's totally good for the sport. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

46 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It's totally good for the sport. 

If they are the four best programs and are producing the most NFL talent then it would be the best for ESPN. The issue is 4 teams  for a playoffs is not enough. There should be a 16 team playoff. including the winner of each FBS conference. The ACC, American, Big 12, Big Ten, C-USA, Independent, MAC, Mountain West, PAC-12, SEC and Sun Belt conference should all get to automatically send their conference winner to the playoffs. The polls and/or committee can pick five other teams that were the best teams that did not win the division. You will probably get many of the same championship programs but the playoffs would be more exciting watching major upsets occur. Everyone gets a chance and a true sports miracle in college football could happen. I just don't see the major conferences agreeing to this aka the power 5 or whatever it will change to in the future.

Bracket 1

#1 versus #16

#3 versus #14

#5 versus #12

#7 versus #10

Bracket 2

#2 versus #15

#4 versus #13

#6 versus #11

# 8 versus #9 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

35 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Hopefully the expanded playoffs become reality. MLB expanded their playoffs and I am hooked watching this wild card race with the Rays and basically most of the AL East and other teams. This makes the season very exciting now.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Hopefully the expanded playoffs become reality. MLB expanded their playoffs and I am hooked watching this wild card race with the Rays and basically most of the AL East and other teams. This makes the season very exciting now.

Let's catch the Yankees and watch NYC submerge into the Atlantic.

• Upvote 1
  • Off Topic 1