• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

NEB has pretty much been the lone voice of sanity and realism in this thread.

Exactly ….. and there’s no room for that kind of nonsense in this thread. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I can see some of you people on this thread ten years from now: “I think we have a chance to finally get out of the AAC…Big10 is definitely going to take us now…ACC will be calling us anytime now…” 😂😂😂

To be fair a lot can change in 10 years.

10 years ago we we're going into Skip Holtz 3rd year. We we're coming off a "rough" year where we finished 5-7, beat Notre Dame, played in a power conference, and averaged 44,550 in attendance. UCF had just finished 5-7 in CUSA and lost to FIU.

Imagine someone telling someone then in 10 years UCF will be in a power conference and we won't. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, bulloni said:

To be fair a lot can change in 10 years.

10 years ago we we're going into Skip Holtz 3rd year. We we're coming off a "rough" year where we finished 5-7, beat Notre Dame, played in a power conference, and averaged 44,550 in attendance. UCF had just finished 5-7 in CUSA and lost to FIU.

Imagine someone telling someone then in 10 years UCF will be in a power conference and we won't. 

Yes, that might have been a little harsh on my part. But that is a long time. Let me tell you about the short term. There are going to be games this year when we are going to get our **** pushed in; there are going to be games this year that there will only be 18/22 k fans in the stands; there are going to be games this year where fans will be calling for the firing of CJS and to start over again. I can go on and on. But this program needs to keep plugging along and pushing to do all it can. You say ten years? Then in that time we need real success on the field. We need committed leadership that does not stop at IPF structures and stadium structures. This program has to be aggressive on and OFF the field and it has to constant 24 hours a day. It can be done but will they do this? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, that might have been a little harsh on my part. But that is a long time. Let me tell you about the short term. There are going to be games this year when we are going to get our **** pushed in; there are going to be games this year that there will only be 18/22 k fans in the stands; there are going to be games this year where fans will be calling for the firing of CJS and to start over again. I can go on and on. But this program needs to keep plugging along and pushing to do all it can. You say ten years? Then in that time we need real success on the field. We need committed leadership that does not stop at IPF structures and stadium structures. This program has to be aggressive on and OFF the field and it has to constant 24 hours a day. It can be done but will they do this? 

Call me crazy, but I can see us upsetting BYU this season. They return most of their starters, but lost their stud RB and WR. A win over BYU will have the team 2-0 heading into the Florida game. 2-2 in OOC play really has to be the realistic goal. If that is the case, 4-4 in conference is very attainable and 5-3 would potentially be on the table. I am prepared for a 4-8 or 5-7 season, but 6-6 or 7-5 is within the realm of possibility. It all starts with Week 1. Game time temperature likely to be around 91 degrees with a  dew point in the 75 to 77 range. They can't replicate those conditions in Provo. I know it isn't the end-all, be-all, but the stage will be set to pull off the upset. ESPN is giving us a 35% chance of winning that game, which is pretty close to the same odds they are giving us to beat SMU. The betting lines opened USF +13, but have moved down to +12.  USF was +23 on the road last season and ended up losing by 8. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Call me crazy, but I can see us upsetting BYU this season. They return most of their starters, but lost their stud RB and WR. A win over BYU will have the team 2-0 heading into the Florida game. 2-2 in OOC play really has to be the realistic goal. If that is the case, 4-4 in conference is very attainable and 5-3 would potentially be on the table. I am prepared for a 4-8 or 5-7 season, but 6-6 or 7-5 is within the realm of possibility. It all starts with Week 1. Game time temperature likely to be around 91 degrees with a  dew point in the 75 to 77 range. They can't replicate those conditions in Provo. I know it isn't the end-all, be-all, but the stage will be set to pull off the upset. ESPN is giving us a 35% chance of winning that game, which is pretty close to the same odds they are giving us to beat SMU. The betting lines opened USF +13, but have moved down to +12.  

Out of all of the out of conference games BYU is our best shot. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Howard?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Call me crazy, but I can see us upsetting BYU this season. They return most of their starters, but lost their stud RB and WR. A win over BYU will have the team 2-0 heading into the Florida game. 2-2 in OOC play really has to be the realistic goal. If that is the case, 4-4 in conference is very attainable and 5-3 would potentially be on the table. I am prepared for a 4-8 or 5-7 season, but 6-6 or 7-5 is within the realm of possibility. It all starts with Week 1. Game time temperature likely to be around 91 degrees with a  dew point in the 75 to 77 range. They can't replicate those conditions in Provo. I know it isn't the end-all, be-all, but the stage will be set to pull off the upset. ESPN is giving us a 35% chance of winning that game, which is pretty close to the same odds they are giving us to beat SMU. The betting lines opened USF +13, but have moved down to +12.  USF was +23 on the road last season and ended up losing by 8. 

We are beating Florida in the swamp. Bullieve. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

44 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thank you. I would love to be on the B10…that would be awesome. But the reasoning I see here (B10 fans like to vacation in Florida, the B10 plays a bowl game in Tampa, we filled a stadium 15 years ago, etc.) is just nonsensical. The B10 will NEVER take a G5 school when they could get much more reputable programs from the west or hope to snag ND. I mean get real people. The B12 could happen and a much watered down ACC could as well but it will probably be years before that happens. We need to get recognized as a program first and that comes from winning games and playing in big bowls and winning them. 

I'm the guy who mentioned big ten fans liking to vacation here/relocate here...but it was really in response to a post where the B10 was claiming that LA was its largest fanbase outside the midwest or something like that and the post I quoted was suggesting that FL probably had just as big of a B10 fanbase or something like that.  

To be clear, I do not in any way think that the B10 would consider us.  Was just commenting on how they have a ton of fans around here.  I agree with you that they'd never take a G5 school, and they wouldn't even take a bottom-half P5 school.  

B12 is a possibility.  ACC (if they got raided) may even be a possibility.  B10 is fantasy.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I'm the guy who mentioned big ten fans liking to vacation here/relocate here...but it was really in response to a post where the B10 was claiming that LA was its largest fanbase outside the midwest or something like that and the post I quoted was suggesting that FL probably had just as big of a B10 fanbase or something like that.  

To be clear, I do not in any way think that the B10 would consider us.  Was just commenting on how they have a ton of fans around here.  I agree with you that they'd never take a G5 school, and they wouldn't even take a bottom-half P5 school.  

B12 is a possibility.  ACC (if they got raided) may even be a possibility.  B10 is fantasy.

Let's be real everything is a fantastic at this point. One fbs win in two years is not exactly giving power conferences a reason to look at usf. Scott needs results on the field to promote the program. Winning defines success not the coach is a nice guy or building up the culture.  The culture is nothing but losing so far on the field. That is what counts. We have a qb, transfer talent , and an extra year for these underachieving super seniors to prove something on the field. The pressure is on jeff scott to produce. THE NEW aggressive dc who is going back to our attacking defensive roots and new oc with Chad Morris advising him and Scott on offense should be a help. Let's go Bulls.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

Howard?

🦆