• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just to clear, though, the printed version only comes out twice a week so I don't really have a choice 5 out of 7 days ..... 

We read the physical paper on Sundays and online the rest of the time - when I read it. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, Eric Ruby said:

Hi. Just thought I’d check in. I used to go by a different handle wayyy back in the day. Like ‘05 or around there is when I started. I think. Lost my password. First, I’m a UCF alumni (here in peace). I was a UCF alumni way back then, too. A much more recent and younger alum in those days, but same dude. Just reading thru your comments to get your takes on all of this. Lots of talk regarding Bianchi. Bianchi knows a lot. He’s very deeply connected and very good on reading the room. But once he got his own radio show in Orlando, he had to cheerlead UCF. Other than the Magic and Orlando City, Orlando radio had UCF. He of course covers topics on other national sports, scandals and teams, but has to revert to local news to keep his audience. Since Frost came, UCF became an obsession of his. His ratings went way up the more he covered UCF. He’s has also been followed in the AM by Marc Daniels’ show, “Beat of Sports”. He’s the voice of UCF games and also promotes UCF a ton, obviously. I live in the Tampa market. I listen to 620am. They very rarely cover college football at all. And when they do, they almost seem bored about it and want to move on fast to tge Rays, Lightning, Bucs and national sports talk. You can see the same thing with print media in Tampa, too. There’s a big difference in media in the two markets. The sports radio in Orlando talks UCF and college football as #1 and NFL #2. Other sports other than Magic/Orlando City are hardly a topic. That’s big free advertising for UCF.

It could be worse. USF could be In Miami. Canes have a lot of competition.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

That was more in reference to there's nothing much else going on there in the way of sports .... the Magic earns them the steroid booster.

I agree the competition is less however c is still only interesting to most if they are top 20 and playing someone interesting to the masses.  My crystal ball has them struggling much like WVU has on an island in this new conference.  This is not sour grapes and I realize they are still in a much better position for now and we struggle with the same issues however that program will flounder if something doesn’t change.  The town is ass and they will be soon as well.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I agree the competition is less however c is still only interesting to most if they are top 20 and playing someone interesting to the masses.  My crystal ball has them struggling much like WVU has on an island in this new conference.  This is not sour grapes and I realize they are still in a much better position for now and we struggle with the same issues however that program will flounder if something doesn’t change.  The town is ass and they will be soon as well.

Although I hope your crystal ball is dead on, a big difference between the Kanigits and WVU is their immediate recruiting ground. Even though Florida high schoolers are a lot less reticent to leave the state than years ago, there's still a huge pool of quality players in the mix within driving distance, especially in comparison with the Mountaineers. Plus, the current state of the Big 3 could also work in their favor.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

00bbb6968d7140e6bc41d174768f2428.jpg?wid

A glimpse into the future of college football features the...

"To be relevant, you will need to be a member of either the SEC or the Big Ten, because they will be the only conferences that matter."

a little hyperbolic but the point is that there's the top 30 40 programs or so, some middle chunk, then everyone else. I believe that USF belongs in that middle chunk. I'm sorry but the lower tiers of the Big 12, Pac whatever, and ACC are tied if not behind USF in many relevant metrics

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Pat Zier has been one of the few who have been totally objective when it comes to reporting on USF football and related issues.  He is not one to cast aspersions.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, widerberg said:

Jumped in to check realignment rumors and found 10 pages of moaning about newspaper reporting. Ugh. It hurts being a USF fan.

I feel you on that. 😂 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

The last time there was any actual, solid good news on realignment for USF was almost 19 years ago. 😦

• Crying 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

57 minutes ago, widerberg said:

Jumped in to check realignment rumors and found 10 pages of moaning about newspaper reporting. Ugh. It hurts being a USF fan.

Moderator positions are open.  If you can comb through every thread and utilize your time to pack things into topic focused threads, let me know.  By the way, if you have ever had a conversation with someone, did it stay strictly on one topic or did you have more than one thing come to mind?  Lastly, we don't need focused threads during July.  There are typically five a day being commented on.  Yes, I do ask people to stay on topic, but there's no death sentence.  As we roll into August it is asked that we stay more focused as traffic and topics increase.  It's the offseason, relax. Do you really read the 10 pages?  Just skip over, it's what I manage to do.  

This is a public forum, not a sports page.

Now can we get back to realignment rumors and tweets?  Please?

Although.... I'd place my money that realignment is done for this year.

• Upvote 3