• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Anyone else share my opinion that we're headed to only 2 conferences that really matter? B10/SEC.

Even if we get into ACC/B12 it will be the same routine until b10/SEC are truly done... which may be never... or until they effectively replace the ncaa.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

The Pac-12 announces: "The Pac-12 Board met this morning and authorized the Conference to explore all expansion options. The 10 university presidents and chancellors remain committed to a shared mission of academic and athletic excellence on behalf of our student-athletes."

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

7 minutes ago, Bulls1181 said:
The Pac-12 announces: "The Pac-12 Board met this morning and authorized the Conference to explore all expansion options. The 10 university presidents and chancellors remain committed to a shared mission of academic and athletic excellence on behalf of our student-athletes."

Meanwhile, I wanna say I read somewhere earlier that the Big 12 is saying (for now) that they're not inclined to expand at this time. Likely just keeping their cards close to the chest, and Pac-12 obviously has a greater need to move on something, but could be extremely shortsighted on the Big 12's part.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Meanwhile, I wanna say I read somewhere earlier that the Big 12 is saying (for now) that they're not inclined to expand at this time. Likely just keeping their cards close to the chest, and Pac-12 obviously has a greater need to move on something, but could be extremely shortsighted on the Big 12's part.

Pac would be smart to take some from Big 12.  Byu and maybe some of the Texas Schools to make a eastern division.  Then the Big12 really would be AAC+ 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

Anyone else share my opinion that we're headed to only 2 conferences that really matter? B10/SEC.

That's certainly what the networks behind expansion want: 2 conferences that are seen as the only ones that matter (so then a big pay dropoff for the rest).

Question is.... whether the super conference idea will actually work long term.  Nobody actually wants it, it's just everyone has FOMO.  But if you piss off enough people doing this, who knows what happens.  Maybe eventually all the people not getting a piece of the pie get momentum for regulations against tv networks....maybe they don't tune in for playoffs and the super conference doesn't make sense monetarily.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

I’d be looking at byu and Boise state as the 2 most likely to jump to the pac 12

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

That's certainly what the networks behind expansion want: 2 conferences that are seen as the only ones that matter (so then a big pay dropoff for the rest).

Question is.... whether the super conference idea will actually work long term.  Nobody actually wants it, it's just everyone has FOMO.  But if you piss off enough people doing this, who knows what happens.  Maybe eventually all the people not getting a piece of the pie get momentum for regulations against tv networks....maybe they don't tune in for playoffs and the super conference doesn't make sense monetarily.

how does this get reigned in... we have federal/state funded schools dunking on other federal/state funded schools. Anti-trust somehow?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, bullsfan27 said:

I’d be looking at byu and Boise state as the 2 most likely to jump to the pac 12

san diego state. PAC 12 needs to get back in so cal. feel like they're the big winners of this

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

3 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

BYU to lock in the rivalry with Utah. Boise State locks in the pseudo-rivalry with Oregon (that was a thing for a few years there, but when was the last time they played). San Diego State would make sense, maybe Fresno St? Aside from BYU, those are the G5 teams they could go after, have to assume they at least try to open discussions with some of the Big 12.