• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

spacer.png

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Only way those schools were coming was if we can hold our conference value. This tells me ESPN isn't going to get us the value Aresco has been trying to get us at. More bad news for us probably

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

There is no difference between the AAC, CUSA or the Sunbelt going forward at this point...The TV money will go way down when they renegotiate.  Can't blame any of those MWC teams for not switching conferences.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The aac right now

spacer.png

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

the end art GIF by hoppip

independent status here we come!

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

sicem365 is a Baylor site, on their radio show yesterday they mentioned they heard Memphis got told they need to do some serious renovations to the Liberty bowl to get added in the next round. That also lines up with this.

There's probably some truth to what they're saying but it really feels like sicem365 is just churning out constant expansion chatter now just to generate views. Those things probably help the teams that just missed the cut this go around but I also don't think the Big 12 is as eager to push past 12 right away as they make it seem. 

Purely my guess but the Big 12 is probably waiting a few years to see what happens to the PAC 12 during their next contract go around. Because if USC, Oregon, Washington, etc aren't happy, the B1G could say screw the alliance and make it's move. At which point I think the Big 12 would rather add Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado rather than more G5 schools. Am I saying those are all better than Memphis, USF, Boise, etc? Not really. But you know how the perception game goes. It'll be a better look for the Big 12 to grow with teams already having a long history of being in the club rather than more outsiders. 

Of course, the PAC 12 could always stay in tact and not get raided by the B1G. Or they get raided and decide to stick together and expand with some MW teams so who knows lol

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I mean with rumors swirling about USF and Memphis possibly bolting to the Big 12 in a couple years why would they come? So they can be in a conference headlined by SMU and Tulane in a few years? I think after the BIG 12 picks their next 2-4 schools the AAC and MWC will have some teams jump ship to the other, but no point in doing that until you see which conference is stronger after that expansion.

• Upvote 1