• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If we have more teams WINNING then we can negotiate a bigger contract for us to split. I honestly don't think the AAC goes more than 1 more year w/o a replacement for UCONN. I also don't see Boise joining us. I see them going the independent route if they leave the MWC. How about Army or Navy?  

Well Navy is already a member so we are set there😀. Army is not interested as they don’t have the admissions (more difficult than Navy) to be competitive in a conference (they failed miserably in CUSA). The word on the street is that the AAC presidents want to stick at 11. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well Navy is already a member so we are set there😀. Army is not interested as they don’t have the admissions (more difficult than Navy) to be competitive in a conference (they failed miserably in CUSA). The word on the street is that the AAC presidents want to stick at 11. 

LOL I meant Air Force

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, bcgruber said:

would be nice to have the conf only FL and GA schools somehow

26 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If we have more teams WINNING then we can negotiate a bigger contract for us to split. I honestly don't think the AAC goes more than 1 more year w/o a replacement for UCONN. I also don't see Boise joining us. I see them going the independent route if they leave the MWC. How about Army or Navy?  

If MK gets hired as commissioner of the ACC, we can hope he pulls every string he has and invites Usf into the ACC. He would repay the favor of making him look so good to the ACC to be considered a commissioner. That is the dream I have every night.  App. St wouldn't be a bad invite, but not sure how it elevates the conference.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Appalachian State, Appalachian State .... every time someone starts talking expansion this fool starts talking about Appalachian State.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Just seeing this thread kind of active again brings a little tear to my eye ....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Appalachian State, Appalachian State .... every time someone starts talking expansion this fool starts talking about Appalachian State.

Im being realistic. A conference is only as good as the product they put on the field. I don't see us taking any teams away from the MWC. I dont see BYU joining us either. "If" we have a replacement team it. will come from the Sun Belt or CUSA. That's just reality. So far Kelly wants to roll with not replacing UCONN and Im good with that. Maybe we can add another P5 opponent. But if we replace UCONN, I rather go for a team that ended last season ranked. That's just my opinion. You are free to share yours.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just seeing this thread kind of active again brings a little tear to my eye ....

We can’t allow ourselves to be tortured if we don’t hang on to some glimmer of hope 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

47 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

LOL I meant Air Force

I would love AF and they could be had. They could bring Boise with them. With either no one loses $ from Espn (in my opinion). 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would love AF and they could be had. They could bring Boise with them. With either no one loses $ from Espn (in my opinion). 

I think we should invite Boise State and San Diego State.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I think we should invite Boise State and San Diego State.

too much travel, i think this might regionalize expansion