• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

56 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

You may be right metro-wise, but my wife's from Louisville and the two cities are similar in size.

In any case, my original point still stands - the Big XII overlooked Louisville in favor of a land grant school further away from its footprint, with which it is more similar culturally.  That will have to change somewhat if it goes with Cincy, UH - and even more significantly if it goes with urban schools in Florida.

When talking about city size, EVERYONE means metro size.  Especially as it relates to market size and reach.  Jacksonville has a large city population but a tiny metro area.  Miami, on the other hand, has a relatively small city size, but a huge, monstrous metro area and is one of the major metro areas in the US.

Tampa dwarfs Louisville where it matters, in metro size and market size.  Absolutely no comparison between the two.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Sadly, the whole "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" comes to mind after reading that....

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

37 minutes ago, aroth said:

I've got it on good anonymous authority that the B12 is basing their decision solely on which message board can produce a 1,000 page expansion rumor thread first. My source says it has something to do with trees falling in the woods and noises. 

That, and some Publix chicken wings to sweeten the deal.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I made this point earlier, that we should be pitching how we did when we were in a P5 conference - it's an argument that we can make that UH, Memphis, and UCF can't.  Glad to see it's apparently part of USF's "pitch."  Definitely more of an apples to apples comparison, than how we've done since our demotion and rebuilding subsequent to Leavitt's departure.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/think-attendance-will-hurt-usfs-big-12-bid-think-again/2287511

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I made this point earlier, that we should be pitching how we did when we were in a P5 conference - it's an argument that we can make that UH, Memphis, and UCF can't.  Glad to see it's apparently part of USF's "pitch."  Definitely more of an apples to apples comparison, than how we've done since our demotion and rebuilding subsequent to Leavitt's departure.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/think-attendance-will-hurt-usfs-big-12-bid-think-again/2287511

That is what I love...you know the other candidates are going to kick and scream and somehow hope USF doesnt use this info...of course they are lol

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

5 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

That, and some Publix chicken wings to sweeten the deal.

I hear Aldi is going to come and tag team with Publix and have a Cigar City chaser in their corner to pull a one-two-three combo against Fed-Ex. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

49 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

That's why I've said that this should be the cover page for any and all correspondence sent to anybody associated with the B12:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/pics24/800/IL/ILZIVJPYYDQRFIF.20090731195637.jpg

• Upvote 4