• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Nice if it were to happen.

http://expansionrumors.com/?p=166

If this happens, I'd rather stay in the AAC than jump to the B12 (assuming the TV revenue is equal). We'd be far more competitive

In that division, I think we'd be fairly competitive with 3 of the 5. Upgrading the talent to compete consistently with Oklahoma and Okie State would take some time, but having the certainty of being in the playoff group would help with that. And we could compete with Iowa State, Cincy and WVU consistently from jump street IMO.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

If this happens, I'd rather stay in the AAC than jump to the B12 (assuming the TV revenue is equal). We'd be far more competitive

Disagree. 

Just like moving from CUSA to the Big East, moving from the AAC to the B12 should bump up our recruiting, especially with Taggart on board. 

Plus we'd get a higher payout tin the B12, meaning everything from being able to pay the coaches higher (and less likely to worry about them leaving if successful) to more revenue for facilities (OCS, anyone?)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Disagree. 

Just like moving from CUSA to the Big East, moving from the AAC to the B12 should bump up our recruiting, especially with Taggart on board. 

Plus we'd get a higher payout tin the B12, meaning everything from being able to pay the coaches higher (and less likely to worry about them leaving if successful) to more revenue for facilities (OCS, anyone?)

Did you read it? They're talking about bumping up the whole conference, not just us. We get bumped up AND moved to the B12.

If the whole conference is getting bumped up, AND the TV money is the same, I'd rather be in the AAC than the B12

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Agree with Dogma. 100%

I'd rather see us play Texas, WVU, TTech, TCU and Oklahoma at home. Awesome.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

The Big 12 would help us sell out the stadium routinely. Tulane, ECU, Houston, not so much.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

The Big 12 would help us sell out the stadium routinely. Tulane, ECU, Houston, not so much.

I agree, let me help you finish that list of school that won't help us sell out:

Memphis, SMU, Tulsa, Cincinnati, UConn .... (basically everyone except, Navy and UCF)

For drawing a crowd -

Texas, Oklahoma > UCF

Ok, State, TCU, WVU, K State > Navy

Everyone else in the Big 12 > Everyone else in the AAC

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Disagree.

Did you read it? They're talking about bumping up the whole conference, not just us. We get bumped up AND moved to the B12.

If the whole conference is getting bumped up, AND the TV money is the same, I'd rather be in the AAC than the B12

TV money has NOTHING to do with being bumped up. AAC will always get less tv money compared to the other 5.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Plus staying in the AAC, the TV revenue wouldn't be the same - just look at the disparity now.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Are there people here seriously disputing a move to the Big XII?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

We could be competitive in the Big 12. Texas has been in a slump the past few years. Oklahom St and OU are very good, k state had a good year, I think we'd be middle of the pack until recruiting picks up.

It's a totally different type o league though almost every game is a shoot out, very good offenses and weak defenses comprise the Big 12. We'd probably have one of the better defenses in the league with our FL talent.

Edited by Gismo