• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Slick, take a break and go play some NCAA bruh. You've been testy lately.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Someone on the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs message board posted a link from a local sports writer in Missoula, Montana who overheard a guy in LAX talking on the phone to a friend who works in the athletic department of Spokane Falls Community College say that an administrative assistant at the University of Texas accidentally posted a Facebook status that said that Wake Forest was joining the PAC-12.

It also said that the AD at Boise State let slip in an interview with the college paper there that with Wake's move to the PAC-12 Florida State and Virginia Tech would bolt for the Big 12, Dade Community College would join the ACC, and the SEC would expand to 32 teams.

The SEC is expected to announce the addition of USF to its east Tampa Bay division very soon.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

^^^^

Link?

:)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Where does this come from? Is it a case of "if I say it enough times it will come true"? Slick is right that it is going to take a long, long time for USF to be < #65.

As of now we're playing in the No Official Name Conference - and we will be for some time. BE basketball has packed up and moved on, taking the neon sign with it. 

I think, if there were a market for USF, we'd have heard by now, and that message would have come from something/someone other than a message board. So,

get ready for the big SMU or Tulane games...we'll be seeing lots of those over the next decade. 

And I'm fine with it.

To me, as much as some hate to admit it, I think we are in a conference with similar academic institutions, roughly in the same geographic area and hopefully now, will begin to shine in this conference, whatever in the hell it will be called.

Eggsactly .... Had no problem watching SMU/Tulane type hoops/football games in the past and don't see that changing. I go to watch the Bulls teams in those games.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I go to watch the Bulls teams in those games.

^^^^ This, I wish more of our fans had this mentality.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

I go to watch the Bulls teams in those games.

^^^^ This, I wish more of our fans had this mentality.

Don't you understand?  They are Bulls fans IF we are good and IF we play top notch opponents.  You know, true fans.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Well, it's gonna be interesting to see how many 'true fans' stick around. I think the enforced segregation is gonna really gonna thin the season ticket herd. 

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

The kind of rumors that at least I was looking for were the kind that come from insiders WHO DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION OFFICIALLY. Have you heard of those? Anything else, IMO, is a waste of time.

Most of the posts on this board are a "waste of time". The most mundane issues usually turn into an urination contest.

Threads often get like that sure. But during the coaching search there was a thread for reports with sources. Obviously this isn't like that thread. Too bad because it would be nice to have a solid source leaks thread vs this speculation thread.

How do you define a solid leak?  The title is Rumors, which is what exactly is being reported on this thread.  If you want a solid leak, wait until it shows up on ESPN.  They usually have the information reported at least a few hours before the news conference.  If you want to wait that long, there isn't anything to post on here.

Something coming from someone with inside sources vs someone with an imagination. Say McMurphy vs Hem. Or Ajerseyguy vs Joe Blow on some blog. And I don't care about the time frame, as I get an email notice when this thread is being updated so a few hours or a day or a week heads up is fine.

And if you guys haven't noticed, anything that isn't yet official on conference realignment that is posted in its own thread is being moved into this tread. It just makes it hard when the rumors that may come true are mixed in with the fantasies.

This is the definition of Rumor I found btw.

1. unverified report: a generally circulated story, report, or statement without facts to confirm its truth

Synonyms: story, claim, report, unconfirmed report

I would think this is what all of us are looking for but it seems for many its not.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Not a rumor, but we were mentioned in the Big 12 blog on ESPN.

"Jaxon Heath in Dallas writes: Ok David, I know you've been through all the expansion talk again and again, but with the Big East break up, why doesn't the Big 12 snatch up South Florida? It's located in a major market, in a major state and games in Florida would help in recruiting. USF is a large university as well. 

DU: Interesting suggestion, Jaxon. It works on some levels, but I don't really buy it. If you're going to dig into Florida, I think you only do it for a home run, i.e. Florida State. I wouldn't take a risk on a team that is so far out of your footprint and doesn't have a lot of proven success on the field, though the formula to do that is there with its location and size. TCU was a little different because a) The Big 12 absolutely needed a new member, and B) its proximity and history and likely future growth outweighed its small size and poor facilities (outside of a new football stadium and baseball stadium). I could see a world in which USF works as a Big 12 member, but it's risky, and not worth rolling the dice. The risk far outweighs the reward, and it's hard to see USF truly becoming one of the best two programs in Florida consistently, Big 12 membership or otherwise. The league should jump at any opportunity to land Florida State, but USF would give me reason for pause. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/64972/mailbag-expansion-2013-title-schedule-rank