• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Facing USF’s First Coach (article)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

Missouri College of Education to Honor Coach Leavitt -  GoUSFBulls.com?Official Athletics Web Site of the University of South  Florida - USF Athletics

Missouri College of Education to Honor Coach Leavitt -  GoUSFBulls.com?Official Athletics Web Site of the University of South  Florida - USF Athletics

Some Flashback Friday Pics of Coach.

I had seen the bottom pic a long time ago, but not the FB pic…nice find ET. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

What we lost, when we lost Leavitt... was the knowledge that he was coming back the following year

He was the founder of the program, and we knew that he was coming back the next year. He was our Bowden.

I genuinely think, he would have still been with us in 2021, even to this day had they not fired him

What we lost, was the peace of mind, knowing that our FOUNDING COACH was coming back the next year.

Now? We are a revolving door for unemployed coaches. If they suck, we fire them in 2 years. If they are good? They are gone in 3

We will never, ever, ever get that security back. Jeff Scott is gone the instant we become bowl eligible, he isn't sticking around either

We took a chance on Leavitt, and Leavitt took a chance on USF.

We will never get that peace of mind back. Holtz was gone in 2 years, Taggart gone in 3, Strong gone in 2

We are just a waiting room for average coaches, to keep busy doing something while they search for better jobs.

I'd rather go 7-4 with Leavitt, than 9-2 with another coach who's going to Oregon next year.

We lost every bit of momentum when we lost Leavitt

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

What we lost, when we lost Leavitt... was the knowledge that he was coming back the following year

He was the founder of the program, and we knew that he was coming back the next year. He was our Bowden.

I genuinely think, he would have still been with us in 2021, even to this day had they not fired him

What we lost, was the peace of mind, knowing that our FOUNDING COACH was coming back the next year.

Now? We are a revolving door for unemployed coaches. If they suck, we fire them in 2 years. If they are good? They are gone in 3

We will never, ever, ever get that security back. Jeff Scott is gone the instant we become bowl eligible, he isn't sticking around either

We took a chance on Leavitt, and Leavitt took a chance on USF.

We will never get that peace of mind back. Holtz was gone in 2 years, Taggart gone in 3, Strong gone in 2

We are just a waiting room for average coaches, to keep busy doing something while they search for better jobs.

I'd rather go 7-4 with Leavitt, than 9-2 with another coach who's going to Oregon next year.

We lost every bit of momentum when we lost Leavitt

I hear ya. I would like to see an interview of Leavitt and his thoughts. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

13 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

1 out of 4 was unemployed .... We've never fired a coach after 2 years and the only one that was good was gone in 4.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7CEC99C1-1C53-4462-B215-4BDBE2226FD7.jpeg.37439f76556dd71c2c1c464d5d5ccf6d.jpeg

Edited by puc86

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Can we please not make this about Taggart, again!

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433

There are many things to take in from Leavitt's rise and fall as USF HC. I think most important is don't ever think you can become untouchable anywhere you are.

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 8.14.39 PM.png

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah well we don’t know if he thought he was untouchable as much as he was a physical coach much like the coach at Ga State today and Frank Martin was when he was at K state. Those two have survived it. But they had management and support.  We had Doug Woolard.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Yeah well we don’t know if he thought he was untouchable as much as he was a physical coach much like the coach at Ga State today and Frank Martin was when he was at K state. Those two have survived it. But they had management and support.  We had Doug Woolard.  

I can’t stand Woolard on so many levels. Yeah he put the baseball stadium up but did very little after that. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

Except he is quoted telling Ben Busbee that he is the most "powerful man in the building" when Busbee went to go talk to him about slapping Miller. Seems like he did think he was a bit untouchable.

Not to rag on CJL, he did build our program, but just sayin...