• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Facing USF’s First Coach (article)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We have definitely had worse seasons than CJL had but have also had better ones ....

One.  If you are speaking in terms of wins.  And that was the catalyst to hit the road.  :smileys-money-909335:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

One.  If you are speaking in terms of wins.  And that was the catalyst to hit the road.  :smileys-money-909335:

Two .... and I'm talking about where the team finished at the end of the season, not coaches. Again, in response to this: "You realize we have done nothing but fail and flounder since he has been gone, right?"

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

"You realize we have done nothing but fail and flounder since he has been gone, right?"

You'll have to argue with the pucster, I'm just presenting a viewpoint.  In fact, Leavitt's alleged "plateau" was a longer string of success than any coach following. 

We haven't only failed, when you look at one individual season, sure...  I think puc , is saying by and large the program has failed in the post Leavitt years.  Compare where we are now to then.  It's been a disaster of epic proportions.  Let's come to grips with that so we can get better.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Brad said:

You'll have to argue with the pucster, I'm just presenting a viewpoint.  In fact, Leavitt's alleged "plateau" was a longer string of success than any coach following. 

We haven't only failed, when you look at one individual season, sure...  I think puc , is saying by and large the program has failed in the post Leavitt years.  Compare where we are now to then.  It's been a disaster of epic proportions.  Let's come to grips with that so we can get better.

Two individual seasons .... three if you want count Skip's first, which was a clone of CJL's last years. Point is it hasn't been total gloom and doom since he left. We haven't done nothing but fail and flounder since then.

And I prefer arguing with you. You're precise and to the point rather than long, drawn out stream of consciousness responses ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Two individual seasons .... three if you want count Skip's first, which was a clone of CJL's last years. Point is it hasn't been total gloom and doom since he left. We haven't done nothing but fail and flounder since then.

And I prefer arguing with you. You're precise and to the point rather than long, drawn out stream of consciousness responses ....

Since this is not clear enough to you that every other coach did amazingly worse and had a single season of note to each of their names (that's not good for 11 seasons to have each coach have one per tenure FYI and CJS simply has to win ~36 game next season to have the other coaches have as many wins in as many seasons(against demonstrably worse competition that continues to plummet while CJL was always going up)

image.png.b79439589360bfead2bba8692bcef616.png

Which of these runs looks like a) more success and b) more sustained?

image.png.e99400527aea231b15f35411ada769b3.png

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Since this is not clear enough to you that every other coach did amazingly worse

Stopped reading there. The fact that you totally disregard what CWT did here is a disingenuous joke. It hasn't been all fail and flounder since CJL left and trying to defend that statement is ridiculous.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Stopped reading there. The fact that you totally disregard what CWT did here is a disingenuous joke. It hasn't been all fail and flounder since CJL left and trying to defend that statement is ridiculous.

It has been 75 percent failure, turmoil and instability. I do not dismiss CWT’s single season of success and I believe despite how he has performed everywhere else and how there was no QB left to replace Q and that his recruiting had been far better his first two years than his last two years that there was a potential that he could have done better than CCS the following year and maybe would have built something. I think the ridiculous statement is that failing for 2.5 years means you have completely rebuilt something after 1.5 years success that seemed completely built around one player that only had one year left. CCS did just fine with that team, then what? If CWT had another rabbit up his sleeve where has it been?

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It has been 75 percent failure, turmoil and instability.

Which isn't 100%. There has been some good stuff in there .... Bottom line, nobody will ever accomplish the great things that CJL did because nobody will have that chance. It doesn't mean that there weren't good things happening after him as we had with Willie's build, although that foundation obviously wasn't built solid enough.

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Bottom line, nobody will ever accomplish the great things that CJL did because nobody will have that chance.

I don't get that.  CJS has that chance right now.  Not literally, not duplicate the path we went with Leavitt.  But if he is the first coach since Leavitt to commit himself to the program and build it, there is a nice spot right next to The Jim waiting for him.  The rest were grifters and/or incompetent.  Hoping CJS is different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't get that.  CJS has that chance right now.  Not literally, not duplicate the path we went with Leavitt. But if he is the first coach since Leavitt to commit himself to the program and build it, there is a nice spot right next to The Jim waiting for him.  The rest were grifters and/or incompetent.  Hoping CJS is different.

CJS can accomplish great things but not the sort of things that CJL did, which were almost miraculous ....