• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Facing USF’s First Coach (article)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

46 minutes ago, Triple B said:

CJS can accomplish great things but not the sort of things that CJL did, which were almost miraculous ....

If we get a few championships under our belt (whatever conference), beat some big names, have some sort of sustained success even if it’s with succession and move on up in conferences instead of what had been a pretty steady decline then that’s certainly a conversation that can happen. I honestly do not understand how anyone can look at any of the other CVs and think there’s anything to discuss.
CWT definitely got to a fleeting pinnacle but no one can be sure what he could accomplish because he left the very second he had his single success (which I definitely do not begrudge him and I do the exact same things) but just because he had the good fortune to end on his high note doesn’t mean he was going any higher or would have maintained it at all. The year he got fired CJL had a breakthrough class, some may argue that he was on his way up again but we never got to find out because we then fell, then peaked, then fell and have yet to get back up. I guess you are right it’s not all be horrible but it’s mostly been and it certainly hasn’t felt worth it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I don't get that.  CJS has that chance right now.  Not literally, not duplicate the path we went with Leavitt.  But if he is the first coach since Leavitt to commit himself to the program and build it, there is a nice spot right next to The Jim waiting for him.  The rest were grifters and/or incompetent.  Hoping CJS is different.

We can only hope he is different and builds a winning program. WE can only hope if he become a top25 program again he doesn't leave us. Those are two big hopes and zero wins against FBS schools to support it. I hope he does both.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

CJS will stay until Clemson comes calling. Which will then depend on Dabo getting called to Alabama. Which then depends on Saban retiring.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

12 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

CJS will stay until Clemson comes calling. Which will then depend on Dabo getting called to Alabama. Which then depends on Saban retiring.

I hope he is good enough for Clemson to come calling, I doubt his own mom even bothers calling him at this stage in the game.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I hope he is good enough for Clemson to come calling, I doubt his own mom even bothers calling him at this stage in the game.

I call him all kinds of things…

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Really nice article about the Bulls history and our first coach:

"Personally, I owe him gratitude because he took me on (as equipment director) as a 22-year-old and not many coaches would've done that,'' said Jeremy Lees, USF's assistant athletic director for equipment operations. "He believed in my work ethic and trusted me. The foundation and expectation he set, I think it's still here.''

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

Really nice article about the Bulls history and our first coach:

I was going to reply with my favorite player quote but I couldn’t pick just one, I’m not sure about how that article made me feel but I’m still glad it was written and I’m glad I read it (I think).

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

26 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I'm willing to bet anything we will have a constantly winning team next year.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

I'm willing to bet anything we will have a constantly winning team next year.

I hope you are right.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Missouri College of Education to Honor Coach Leavitt -  GoUSFBulls.com?Official Athletics Web Site of the University of South  Florida - USF Athletics

Missouri College of Education to Honor Coach Leavitt -  GoUSFBulls.com?Official Athletics Web Site of the University of South  Florida - USF Athletics

Some Flashback Friday Pics of Coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1