• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at SMU

Bulls at SMU - Players of the Game  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone needs to relax. Firing CJS is absurd. Coaching can't overcome the lack of talent that is on our defensive side of the ball. We need more talent plain and simple.  There were plays to be made and whether you choose to believe it or not there was a point going into the 4th qtr that we were in striking distance. Timmy made some freshman mistakes, but come on if you can't see the strides this team has made, then your simply looking for us to fail. There is no coach out there that we can get, that could snap their fingers and make us bowl eligible team. No one expected us to go into SMU and win today. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, monktified said:

Everyone needs to relax. Firing CJS is absurd. Coaching can't overcome the lack of talent that is on our defensive side of the ball. We need more talent plain and simple.  There were plays to be made and whether you choose to believe it or not there was a point going into the 4th qtr that we were in striking distance. Timmy made some freshman mistakes, but come on if you can't see the strides this team has made, then your simply looking for us to fail. There is no coach out there that we can get, that could snap their fingers and make us bowl eligible team. No one expected us to go into SMU and win today. 

I will agree with the majority of this, but what major strides were made today? I think strides have been made since last season, but we fire on a half of our cylinders a lot of the time.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345

3 minutes ago, monktified said:

And to add onto this. Scott is in his second season of being a head coach. He is going to make some mistakes that he will need to improve upon. We just need progress.

We've got some skill players and now we need to load up on the defensive side.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

All i have to say is F you Jim Leavitt...

• Me no likey 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, monktified said:

Coaching can't overcome the lack of talent that is on our defensive side of the ball. We need more talent plain and simple.   

Well then good thing Scott has no defensive recruits committed. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345

1 minute ago, CycleBull said:

I will agree with the majority of this, but what major strides were made today? I think strides have been made since last season, but we fire on a half of our cylinders a lot of the time.

If you add 24 points to our score would you think we made progress?

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Idk man we really shouldnt be THIS bad so deep into the CJS era. Look at what Pittman has done in Arkansas (a dumpsterfire of team for three years before) in his first year. Coaching can really make a huge difference and it shouldn’t take this long. 
CJS should at least have ONE FBS victory under his belt by now.

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I would love a win, but I’m being honest with myself and what I’m seeing. A win is not what I need to see improvement from last week. Tell me where this amazing improvement was? Was it in our amazing tackling? Was it in our blocking for the quarterback? Was it the dropped passes? Was it the play calls that made no sense? I don’t expect a win for improvement. 

4 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I’m looking at fundamental improvements. **** I could run a four second forty when I was in my twenties. It’s not about athleticism, it’s about how you use what you have. It’s about making gains and figuring it out. You can’t be happy with this. Come on.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170

Half cylinders is correct.....the talent or lack there of on defense needs to be addressed. We need some high character and physical players either from Juco or transfer portal. I think today we saw a lot more PF penalties and other lost a little discipline. 

Half cylinders is correct.....the talent or lack there of on defense needs to be addressed. We need some high character and physical players either from Juco or transfer portal. I think today we saw a lot more PF penalties and other lost a little discipline.