• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expect a formal announcement on the stadium this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

57 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

OK, I don't normally do this but...Yep, Life Alum Member. Nope, haven't lived within 600-700 miles of Tampa for years so no season tickets. Have bought tix and donated before. We do make some away games as we can over the years. And, Bull's Club and still toss some $$ at USF and Athletics/IPF annually. (Get it? very small dollar signs?)**Personally, I dont care how much $ people give to USF, I just believe that grads, students and interested community members should give something. It's either your university or it's a great thing to have in your community- so make it succeed. There you go my 2 cents 

Not interested in how much anyone can or will donate, simply Alumni, Lifetime or annually, and season ticket holders. I think those two numbers are important. Not just in this thread, but in general. I know overall the Lifetime Alumni number is pretty low.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The donor base is one reason USF didn't get the Big 12 invite (yet?).  UCF's donor base has exploded in recent years... success breeds success.

I've mentioned this before as have a few others, our "donor base" as a university has not been terrible.  It's the fact that the vast majority seemed to be directed towards the campus and not athletics

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

An OCS that is properly sized and located will greatly help with the connections that the students make. In the 2007 - 2010 seasons, that was the vibe at USF. We haven't really had that since. 

When I have been to a Rutgers or UGA or Wisconsin games on campus a lot of the people there don't care about the actual football game. It's a community, it's family and friends. It's a party. Oh by the way, there is a football game too. 

Was just at a Rutgers game the other day and the section I was in had dozens of late 20's/early 30's former alumni with all kinds of babies. I counted at least 10 kids ages 0-3. Sure they mostly all left by halftime but you get this is just what they do. This was their family. 

You cannot reproduce that environment in a massive stadium far from campus. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 minute ago, usf97 said:

An OCS that is properly sized and located will greatly help with the connections that the students make. In the 2007 - 2010 seasons, that was the vibe at USF. We haven't really had that since. 

When I have been to a Rutgers or UGA or Wisconsin games on campus a lot of the people there don't care about the actual football game. It's a community, it's family and friends. It's a party. Oh by the way, there is a football game too. 

Was just at a Rutgers game the other day and the section I was in had dozens of late 20's/early 30's former alumni with all kinds of babies. I counted at least 10 kids ages 0-3. Sure they mostly all left by halftime but you get this is just what they do. This was their family. 

You cannot reproduce that environment in a massive stadium far from campus. 

You are correct.  This is the dawn of a new age.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

Better is subjective, but I'd have to imagine it'll be bigger no doubt. Theirs has a capacity of 30k fans, if we're building a stadium good enough for a power conference team it can't be that small

40K is a good size.  Cincy and UH are 40K.  Washington St. and Wake Forest are the only P5's with less than 40K capacity.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I've often wondered how many on here are paid members of the Lifetime Alumni Assoc. and/or season ticket holders.

I am a lifetime alumni member (fully paid). Not in Tampa enough to take advantage of alumni gatherings unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I've often wondered how many on here are paid members of the Lifetime Alumni Assoc. and/or season ticket holders.

Been a football season ticket holder since Day 1, and while my wife and I have been members of the Alumni Association since graduating, we just recently paid for lifetime membership. I think there was like a 50% off promo or something like that. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Been a football season ticket holder since Day 1, and while my wife and I have been members of the Alumni Association since graduating, we just recently paid for lifetime membership. I think there was like a 50% off promo or something like that. 

I think they are actually phasing out the annual alumni membership and only offering the lifetime.  I will ask Bill on Saturday on these questions, last I checked I thought we only had a little over 4K lifetime members.  I recently upgraded to a lifetime as well, not sure if they factored in how many annual years you were a member but it was only like $400.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I think they are actually phasing out the annual alumni membership and only offering the lifetime.

You're correct, I think. Just signed my daughter up for a lifetime membership and recall something to that effect in there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

... but it was only like $400.  

And I am sure payment can be spread over time.