• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Goat Logo Returns!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, FlipFlopCleats said:

If we're going to do a throwback game, can we also throw-it-back to not using the corny "Horns Up" hand gesture? I've never been a fan of it because it's embarrassing to market your program with a 90% ripoff hand gesture from a P5 school.  I must not be the only one who doesn't like it because only about 20% of the people at the games do it anyway(and that 20% can't seem to agree on whether to do it in a circular or a vertical motion)  I seriously wish we could scrap it and make something to call 100% our own.(Although, admittedly, I have been known to go Horns Up from time-to-time if they don't run out of IPA before I've spent all of my money)

For the brahman logo games, we should do something that signifies that flap of skin on a bulls chest(aka a "dewlap" ) swinging back-and-forth. 

Seriously though, it'd be nice to eliminate some of the stampede of cringe that encompasses the game day experience, if only for a game or two. Alright, it feels good to get that off my chest dewlap. 

Good point with the hand gesture. Never understood why did no not use the pinky and the thumb instead of copying Texas. Kind of lazy…

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

How about we throwback to the uniforms we used to wear when we were beating big teams.  Yellowish-Gold helmets with the black U and green on green.

Great idea IF we proceed to beat all those big teams..Otherwise, we would disgrace the memory of those great wins. It's a double edged sword

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, MikeG said:

Yes that was the Bama tailgate- I was just trying to show the older Rocky mascot.

Great Grandad Rocky

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

There is only so much you can do with hands, the extended pinky and thumb are shockingly Hawaii’s hand gesture. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, FlipFlopCleats said:

If we're going to do a throwback game, can we also throw-it-back to not using the corny "Horns Up" hand gesture? I've never been a fan of it because it's embarrassing to market your program with a 90% ripoff hand gesture from a P5 school.  I must not be the only one who doesn't like it because only about 20% of the people at the games do it anyway(and that 20% can't seem to agree on whether to do it in a circular or a vertical motion)  I seriously wish we could scrap it and make something to call 100% our own.(Although, admittedly, I have been known to go Horns Up from time-to-time if they don't run out of IPA before I've spent all of my money)

For the brahman logo games, we should do something that signifies that flap of skin on a bulls chest(aka a "dewlap" ) swinging back-and-forth. 

Seriously though, it'd be nice to eliminate some of the stampede of cringe that encompasses the game day experience, if only for a game or two. Alright, it feels good to get that off my chest dewlap. 

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There is only so much you can do with hands, the extended pinky and thumb are shockingly Hawaii’s hand gesture. 

Here I go agreeing with puc. Mark your calendars.  Nevada and NC State use the same gesture.  And only 20% of people do it because that is the number that gives a rats pitooty about USF sports that are in the stadium/arena.  I used to do it. They've sucked the life out of me.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Here I go agreeing with puc. Mark your calendars.  Nevada and NC State use the same gesture.  And only 20% of people do it because that is the number that gives a rats pitooty about USF sports that are in the stadium/arena.  I used to do it. They've sucked the life out of me.

I’m sorry, I can switch sides if that helps

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, puc86 said:

I’m sorry, I can switch sides if that helps

Nah, I like when I can get through an entire post of yours and not become enraged.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Well we do have that pirate ship thingy…that’s a tradition right? 

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Nah, I like when I can get through an entire post of yours and not become enraged.  

Idk I think it’s important to meet expectations, I aim to be more like an atm than a slot machine.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

9 hours ago, FlipFlopCleats said:

Well our mascot is within in the same livestock family, so not surprising our hand gesture may be similar too.  I remember when we started football, USF did try to teach our fans the proper way to do the USF hand gesture which was, at least, different from UT.  But our fans remained uninformed or were too dense to pick up the difference.  Therefore, today, it looks like a direct rip off.