• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Goat Logo Returns!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, MikeG said:

first time I used the hand gesture was at a basketball game. We used to hold our hands up with the hand sign and drop them as USF players made a free throw (that was in 1984 and ever since imo).

I don't get all the concern about this type of BS, honestly.

Who gives a crap?

Let whatever we have as traditions continue and stop thread crapping all over them just to be an "edgy" Bulls fan. You are not fooling anyone. And you are not edgy whatsoever-- just a whiner. This logo sucks and thiis logo is also bad and while were at it I don't like the pirate ship and have I told you how sad it is that the seats are red? Obnoxious BS.

There is still a version of that. Horns up when the ref throws the ball to the FT shooter.  On a made FT there is supposed to be a foot stomp, 2 hand claps and shoot the horns up again with a "Bulls".  

Edit: We don't get a lot of practice with made FTs at mens' games.  😃

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

That's the thing.  There's a sort of natural selection there.  No one can stop people from doing one or force one based on this message board (thankfully).

Oh, I'll be a hypocrite here real quick though and say it irks me when the PA announcer talks over the band during the first down cheer.  

One for me is that we try to play/sing fight song after a TD and you don't get to finish it before the extra point. Can't they wait until the extra point or is our kicking game so bad they're afraid we'll miss?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

This looks pretty fantastic to me.

ROBOGOAT GREEN.JPG

Ok.. I am sold 🤘

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, FlipFlopCleats said:

If we're going to do a throwback game, can we also throw-it-back to not using the corny "Horns Up" hand gesture? I've never been a fan of it because it's embarrassing to market your program with a 90% ripoff hand gesture from a P5 school.  I must not be the only one who doesn't like it because only about 20% of the people at the games do it anyway(and that 20% can't seem to agree on whether to do it in a circular or a vertical motion)  I seriously wish we could scrap it and make something to call 100% our own.(Although, admittedly, I have been known to go Horns Up from time-to-time if they don't run out of IPA before I've spent all of my money)

For the brahman logo games, we should do something that signifies that flap of skin on a bulls chest(aka a "dewlap" ) swinging back-and-forth. 

Seriously though, it'd be nice to eliminate some of the stampede of cringe that encompasses the game day experience, if only for a game or two. Alright, it feels good to get that off my chest dewlap. 

This should replace the horns up hand gesture:

🖕

Im pretty sure no other school is using that.

Edited by Leviathan

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Leviathan said:

This should replace the horns up hand gesture:

🖕

Im pretty sure no other school is using that.

But we are not #1 😀

• Haha 1